For those on facebook

Aakajx

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A lady I know that lives south of me is doing photography.. But I don't know what it is about her pics but they don't seem clear. A friend of mine and I went halves in payment for her daughters shoot with this lady. What do you think may be wrong with

lovely lady

edit to remove link.

Last edited:
I haven't personally seen it, but it seems that there is just something about the way Facebook handles pictures that makes them look not-so-great. Mine seem to look 'right' though. I'm not really sure what it is that I am apparently doing differently than the people who always seem to have issues though...

Which ones in particular?

Looks like most are not sharp.

Edit: Also, many are under-exposed and wonky white balance... strange. Probably artistic expression.

There's a lot more wrong with those photos than the fact that Facebook may be making them unclear...

Well, I don't offer C&C anymore, but after looking at those they really just don't look like they were shot by a professional. Lets just say that if I were going to hire someone to take photo's for me this person wouldn't be my first choice after seeing this portfolio.

What do you think may be wrong with these pictures?
IMO, the photos show a photographer that does not understand how light quality and direction impact image quality.

Most of the images have little or no 'pop' and/or are under exposed, because the photographer apparently does not use, or does not know how to use, supplemental lighting.
Pop is subject separation from the background and is accomplished by controlling depth-of-field so a background is blurred, and/or by having the subjects brighter than the background (light advances, dark recedes).

The seaside images are absolutely flat in terms of lighting and contrast. Appears there's no thought given to the background... sometimes the horizon cuts a subjects head in half... in one, the rocky shoreline looks like a huge dagger ready to stab the subjects' temple..... horizons more crooked than a politician's car dealer... a tree covered in, um, well; phallic symbols.......blurry.... OOF....

Let's not mention the grossly over-use of the Hipster look.
2smileykots.gif

Wow, that's... yeah. Not good. I lack the vocabulary to explain why, but I can tell you I know it's not good. Yeesh. Some of those models just blend right in with the background. Shadows are awfully odd too. It just all looks... wrong. And don't forget that HUGE watermark. Or graffiti. Or large, obnoxious freaking billboard. Whatever you call it.

wow first get better models..that one girl looks anorexic…not the pretty-ist thing out there.

I know why..no vignette, vignette make every picture better.hahahahahaha

I have found that it's better to post larger ppi jpegs on Facebook. Typically, I "save for the web," which is 72 ppi, and those images always look weird on facebook. The same image with 240 ppi looks much better. I don't have this issue anywhere else besides facebook. I suppose it could be a combination of image size and ppi.

I have found that it's better to post larger ppi jpegs on Facebook. Typically, I "save for the web," which is 72 ppi, and those images always look weird on facebook. The same image with 240 ppi looks much better. I don't have this issue anywhere else besides facebook. I suppose it could be a combination of image size and ppi.

^ this. I typically post 300dpi images like the above example.

Most reactions

Back