What's new

Forkplay

Psssst..... look at his name...... ;)

I am a plonker

Nah
crazy-rabbit-msn-emotions-ehh.gif


Just do like this...

crazy-rabbit-msn-emotions-slow-danc.gif


and nobody will notice ;)
 
I'd like to raise four points about these photos but I cannot get a handle on them.

You almost got away with that. Now go and sit in the corner and think about what you've done.
 
The second image looks cool turned 180° counter clockwise. :sexywink:
You mean like this?

p1405501522-4.jpg


That thing looks trippeeee! (and I like it).


Could you put a simple black line around the second one? It's really hard to tell where the picture is and what is background for the website without having to highlight the picture.
I've updated the original post, thanks for pointing that out.

Modern Art. Funny, I can see this hanging in a gallery.
Ha, thank you! Funny thing is, this is what I came up with inspired by your recent still-life photos. I didn't have enough cool-looking fruits or vegetables last night, or a good surface to shoot them, so I did this. I rarely ever shoot anything at home, so thanks once again for the inspiration.

Not working for me, and i like shooting forks (...) i would like to see sharper defined shadows and more shadow play
This was shot in a lightbox using a single light that was diffused by the tent – can't do sharper defined shadows or more shadow play. I'm sorry the results of the exercise are not what you had hoped for. Had I known you'd be around to spew your usual one-line venom, I would've asked you first how you wanted me to set things up. I look forward to seeing your fork photos, it should be fun to learn from experienced fork shooters.

Thanks everybody for your feedback and smart-ass comments :)
 
Last edited:
i'll take a stab at some C&C!
i love the shadow on the second one.
was there different lighting on the second one? it seems shinier than the first. I assume it is the same fork. or is it just the way it is turned?
 
was there different lighting on the second one? it seems shinier than the first. I assume it is the same fork. or is it just the way it is turned?
It's the same fork, the same light and virtually the same settings (55mm, f/8, ISO 200, #1 at 1/10s and #2 at 1/13s). The differences are the distance of the fork to the light source and also in the processing – number 2 has more contrast added (especially local contrast on the fork).

Thank you, sir.
 
The second image looks cool turned 180° counter clockwise. :sexywink:
You mean like this?

p1404888444-4.jpg


That thing looks trippeeee! (and I like it).


Could you put a simple black line around the second one? It's really hard to tell where the picture is and what is background for the website without having to highlight the picture.
I've updated the original post, thanks for pointing that out.

Modern Art. Funny, I can see this hanging in a gallery.
Ha, thank you! Funny thing is, this is what I came up with inspired by your recent still-life photos. I didn't have enough cool-looking fruits or vegetables last night, or a good surface to shoot them, so I did this. I rarely ever shoot anything at home, so thanks once again for the inspiration.

Not working for me, and i like shooting forks (...) i would like to see sharper defined shadows and more shadow play
This was shot in a lightbox using a single light that was diffused by the tent – can't do sharper defined shadows or more shadow play. I'm sorry the results of the exercise are not what you had hoped for. Had I known you'd be around to spew your usual one-line venom, I would've asked you first how you wanted me to set things up. I look forward to seeing your fork photos, it should be fun to learn from experienced fork shooters.

Thanks everybody for your feedback and smart-ass comments :)


The way the image is composed, my eyes go directly to the bottom :sexywink:
 
Now it looks as it is defying gravity. Pretty cool. Something I won't soon forkget.
LOL, get the fork outta here!

The second image looks cool turned 180° counter clockwise. :sexywink:
You mean like this?

p1404888444-4.jpg

The way the image is composed, my eyes go directly to the bottom :sexywink:
Well, you'll have to thank Bitter for that. But bottom is good.

I've re-processed the second image from scratch and replaced the files here. Some subtle differences with the previous version – hopefully no one will get offended by them.
 
That new edit is forking great!! These are fun shots, invisibabe!!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom