Forum posts being stolen?

OK, i just looked harder and found some of my shots. The whole forum seems pointless though, it's probably just meant to p*** us off.

The whole point of the forum is "file sharing". The photography section is actually pretty small compared to all the movies, music, and software they have on there.

I've reported them to Adobe... those particular folks go APE over this kind of site.

Good job xtort ;)

Hmmm my images are over there too... i can only guess its some kind of traffic increase scheme? =/

Feel free to crap on thier doorstep. :mrgreen:

Wow...kind of scary!!!!! Who does this..????? I mean...is this the work of one person? ...There are no replies (with the exception of a few of you!:sexywink:)???

css won't be able to do anything, since only the .jpeg is being loaded from the webserver. css is something additional that gets called by a html file or html generated by a script. I'm suprised that smugmug allows hotlinking to begin with.

Yeah, our IT guy here, was able to hack into Smugmug and take out one of my original files, even tho I have that right click protection. They used something called Firebug. I will be going in there tonight, and minimizing all my file sizes. That is one reason I only post low res stuff here.
The only reason I use Smugmug is I havent got a sheeit of computer knowledge, and it is pretty user friendly. I built my site on my own. :lol::lol:

BTW...thanks for catching this too.

just got on it, didnt find anything from me though. Darn, i wanted to find the alternate me.

oh wait, i found mine too, im AllaFlardow, Manchester, leecher, Joe and many more. Wow, so many personalities, who needs friends when you are a guy like me :lol:

Last edited:
The site is registered with GoDaddy, unfortunately using their anonymous proxy service, it is hosted in Germany.

Registrant:
Domains by Proxy, Inc.
DomainsByProxy.com
15111 N. Hayden Rd., Ste 160, PMB 353
Scottsdale, Arizona 85260
United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (Browser Update Page)
Domain Name: HEAVYSHARE.NET
Created on: 05-Nov-08
Expires on: 05-Nov-09
Last Updated on: 21-Dec-08

Administrative Contact:
Private, Registration [email protected]
Domains by Proxy, Inc.
DomainsByProxy.com
United States
(480) 624-2599 Fax -- (480) 624-2598

Technical Contact:
Private, Registration [email protected]
Domains by Proxy, Inc.
DomainsByProxy.com
United States
(480) 624-2599 Fax -- (480) 624-2598

Domain servers in listed order:
NS61.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
NS62.DOMAINCONTROL.COM

The previous information has been obtained either directly from the registrant or a registrar of the domain name other than Network Solutions. Network Solutions, therefore, does not guarantee its accuracy or completeness. Show underlying registry data for this record
Current Registrar: GODADDY.COM, INC.
IP Address: 92.61.148.122 (ARIN & RIPE IP search)
IP Location: DE(GERMANY)-SCHLESWIG-HOLSTEIN-FLENSBURG

That is one reason I only post low res stuff here.

I've started to limit all my stuff to 600 at the widest. If somebody steals a low res image, well so be it.

I've started to limit all my stuff to 600 at the widest. If somebody steals a low res image, well so be it.
I will be doing that tonight. On Smugmug, you have the options of small, med, large, x large original...and so on. Since I was selling some stuff, my original size was available. I was told that if I only allow Medium, and below, they are usless to anyone, but ok for viewing...which is 600 wide.

Gheesh....what a fiascal...:lol::lol::lol: I gotta get back to my crypt soon...this is way too confusing up here. :er:

I signed up over there (Texas) to protect the valued name of Ken Rockwell.

Also, I am going to be sending a photographic message to the powers that be over there that isn't appropriate for me to do from my office at work, so that will come later.

Because you're not looking hard enough:

A self picture a day for 6 years! - Heavyshare Forum

:)

A lot of your stuff is posted in the beginner's forums. I don't see those copied over there (unless I'm looking in the wrong place).

Thanks, rufus... It would appear that my alter-ego, free, is a senior member over there.. Wow, over 600 posts.. I've been busy.. I guess those post counts must just be random, huh?

I also post only from PhotoBucket.. Is it only Flick'r content being mirrored?

This is probably a dumb question, but cant TPF block it. I dont know anything about it, but, are they not stealing TPF

Most reactions

Back