Forum restructuring and thread sections suggestion

Yes, I believe so (it may actually be longer, but I'm pretty sure it's 30 seconds).

30 seconds doesn't sound like much, but when you're searching for a thread and you type the wrong keywords in (too specific, or not specific enough - both fail), staring at a screen saying that your search returned 0 results for 30 seconds seems to last forever.

I don't know if it's even possible, but perhaps eliminating the time limit for zero result searches would help a lot. (On second thought, that would likely circumvent the very reason we have the limit...)

I do understand why the limit is in place, it's just that it can be annoying at times. I guess the same could be said for any effective security measure though...

Part of the problem with sticky threads, I believe, is that new players really prefer getting new answers for their own specific problems, even if it is explained in another thread. That's part of the tendency I've picked up, anyway. I probably was like that as well. Some people just think of something, perhaps how to do something with their camera, and go straight to the newbie forum.

This is a community. You're either a user, or you're a member. We should all strive to be members, as it is in every community.

Most reactions

Back