Found huge poster size color negatives

Bryan83

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I have 2 negatives from before 1979 because thats the date of the round shipping tube there in and were shipped or shipped from kodak rochester,ny im guessing. These are like 3x5 foot color negatives. One is a photo of a tribe member with like aztec ruins in the background. The negative says this side up on the sides.
What is this , and is it worth alot? I can take a pic of it if needed

I dont know if these are negatives . Not sure

Attachments

• $IMG_0725.JPG
    $IMG_0725.JPG
    154.8 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:
$IMG_0724.JPGhaha. Here it is. It might be a tad smaller than 3x5 but its still very large. You cant quite make out all the detail in it because its very early morning. Anyone know what this is? It says this side to lamp on the top

Last edited:
They appear to be "positives". They look like old,faded Duratrans transparencies...you know, the kind made to be displayed on a lightbox. At times, these were made for use in public places..like at museums and tourist information kiosks and such..and also, like the way menu items are often shown these days--as big photos, on color transparency material, and backside-illuminated on...light boxes...the "this side toward lamp" sticker was put there to tell the installers which side faced the lightbox, so the scenes would not be reversed laterally.

here's an article on the Duratrans (A Kodak trade name, BTW) process Duratrans - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wow thats some great info you have for me. Thanks for that. It makes 100% sence because I live in rochester,ny where kodak is. Is anyone interested in buying them ? I also bought the first ever kodaslide model A . It was made in very very early 1900s I have the exact date printed out with info about it. It comes in a large leather box and all the extras it had. Very expensive back then around 100$+ so it must be worth a pretty penny now as an antique. Its in better condition than the one they have at the museum here plus the box and extras. Also for sale for the right price. Paid $50.00 at a garage sale for it and there very rare.

Here is a photo of what it is
http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/vintage-koda-slide-projector-model-7-77545172
Its not the plastic model a1 or a2 its the first ever.

Last edited:
Though I personally never saw one, Kodak used to put up giant transparencies in New York's Grand Central Station. These were about 50 ft wide and backlit.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back