Four new shots of my HK USP Compact

jeff_scott

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Let me know what you think and what you would have done differently. Also, please let me know how you would PP the pics if they were yours. I know each shot is composed in a very similar fashion, it's a little tough to get unique angles with a handgun, so if you have ideas on how to set the gun to get a different angle please feel free to let me know.

IMG_0297.jpg

IMG_0292.jpg

IMG_0212.jpg

IMG_0207.jpg

I like #1 though I'm not a fan of guns in general ... make me nervous.

basically just snap shots of a gun to me.

I understand you guys not liking guns very much and that's cool. What do you like or not like about the photos themselves other than the subject matter?. Telling me that you do or don't like guns won't help me improve my photography skills.

The foam in the case creates lots and lots of separate shadows, and competes for attention quite a bit. It's also mostly rounded in nature, whereas the pistol is angular (rectilinear) for the most part, so to me the background and the pistol sort of fight for attention. It's a nice, compact-looking handgun. It sort of looks like the depth of field on a couple of these is not quite deep enough to encompass the entire gun, and/or that the re-sizing algorithm is fuzzing the shots up a bit as they are web-served. I think deeper DOF would be helpful, to render a really crisp, well-focused shot from the end of the barrel to the back of the slide, and also encompassing the grip, no matter how the pistol is oriented relative to the camera plane. Gun control to me means being able to hit what you're aiming at.

The foam in the case creates lots and lots of separate shadows, and competes for attention quite a bit. It's also mostly rounded in nature, whereas the pistol is angular for the most pa, so to me the background and the pistol sort of fight for attention. It's a nice, compact-looking handgun. It sort of looks like the depth of field on a couple of these is not quite deep enough to encompass the entire gun, and/or that the re-sizing algorithm is fuzzing the shots up a bit as they are web-served.

Ah these voice of reason and the one person with true advice and criticism. Thank you.:cheers:

Hey there . . .
guess I'm one of the odd balls around here cause i have an H&K myself, although I just got me a new Para 1911, anywhoose that's another subject all itself... I also find it somewhat difficult to find the right "angle" to get the best pic with a gun. as far as C&C , I think that your lighting is poor, and that #3 in probably the best but like pp said that the eggcrate foam is kinda fighting for attention. I would probably google or look in magazines etc and look at some photos of guns and see what you think you could work toward
Hope this helps

Humans have done a great job of slaughtering each other way before the invention of gunpowder.

That said, the pictures don't do much for me. #1 is the best of the lot. The color ones are a bit dull, B&W adds a good dimension.

I like the 1st one the best.

The focus on the 4th one seems to me to be at the wrong place. I think focusing on the barrel rather than the hand grip would work better. I'm far from an expert though.

What are you shooting at with hollow points anyways

Most reactions

New Topics

Back