Four new shots of my HK USP Compact

What are you shooting at with hollow points anyways

Hollow points is the standard for carrying ammo. That's what you keep in your magazine always, unless you're just going to the shooting range.

I like the composition of #4 the best. The others seem too two dimensional in orientation. The just give a very flat point of view.

Hollow points have a ton more stopping power than standard ammo and they are less likely to continue through walls causing damage to your home or possibly a family member.

Hollow points are the best ammo for home defense, thus me keeping them in the magazine at all times.

Hollow points is the standard for carrying ammo. That's what you keep in your magazine always, unless you're just going to the shooting range.

Ah, I thought its used to make sure it'll hurt/kill from the shrapnal.

It is. That's why you have it loaded in the mag when you're carrying... unless you're going to shoot at the range....... :lol: As stated above.

Not true, erose. Hollow Points *do* have the added benefit/downside of doing more damage to the person you're shooting at...but the main reason they're used for home/personal defense is that you don't have to worry about other casualties as much. A 9mm full metal jacket will go right through a person and continue on through any drywall until it hits something solid. If you happen to be getting mugged and you shoot the person with a hollow-point you can know that you really don't have a chance of injuring someone else. With a FMJ there's the possibility that the bullet will travel through the mugger and hit a pedestrian another 30ft away.

It's way more about safety than it is damage. They *DO* have a lot more stopping power though.

Maybe I'll put up a few pictures of my Sig P250 =P just recently left the world of Glock and Beretta and loving it. Too bad I can't change out my service M9 with a Sig too

Hollow points expand upon impact

^ Exactly.

Just bought two boxes of them at the gun show this morning.

How many bad guys are you expecting?

Not sure, but I'm well trained so I don't need very many bullets.

When I woke up this morning I noticed the screen on my front window had been pulled out and the window was open a few more inches then normal.
There is a Blackwater sticker a few feet away, maybe that deterred whatever pulled the screen out.

The trail I jog on with my wife was the same trail where the semi famous San Diego serial rapist/murder captured his last victim in Feb.

The gas station I frequented in WA on my way home was the scene of a shooting/homicide by a maniac on the day I had off.

I'm no soft target :D

Most reactions

Back