Freckles

Patriot

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I finally got to shoot a model with freckles using black and white film. I used a #47 blue filter to darken the freckles. This was a test shoot and I'm happy with the results. Hopfully next time I can get the freckles to appear darker during the next shoot.

RZ67 + 110mm 2.8 @ 5.6 + #47 blue filter + Ilford HP5

C&C more than welcomed.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/YhhLwd]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/YkMN6D]
[/url][/url]

Very nice. Wonderful clarity, gorgeous micro contrast, and lens drawing. Use opposite color of freckle for filter. If red freckle, try green. I think blue did super though.

I like them but think the eyes need to be cleaned up. The filter really did a number on the whites of her eyes. It distracts from the overall feel of the photo, making her a bit zombie-ish.

Yep like all of these. No real comment except I would have ramped up the contrast to give them a bit more grungy feel. But thats just me.

Great job

I like them but think the eyes need to be cleaned up. The filter really did a number on the whites of her eyes. It distracts from the overall feel of the photo, making her a bit zombie-ish.

Most people I know who have a lot of freckles seems to have blood shot eyes. I have no idea if there is any correlation. I always have to clean up the wife's, she has freckles big time in the summer and her eyes are always heavily blood shot. Her daughter, same way. I personally would leave them a lone but the wife likes to to smooth the skin, brighten her eyes, not to sharp, etc.

Very nice. Wonderful clarity, gorgeous micro contrast, and lens drawing. Use opposite color of freckle for filter. If red freckle, try green. I think blue did super though.
Thank you

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Yeah I didn't think about the blue making the red veins in her eyes darker too. I will clean them up.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Back