katsrevenge

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Thoughts?
smallerbike.JPG

DSCN0593.JPG
I'm not too sure about this one. When I had the trees correct, then the background was a bit bright.

DSCN0603.JPG

It's a nice place to ride.

DSCN0644.JPG
I just liked the flair on this.

take pictures in a different time of the day when light is not that harsh

take pictures in a different time of the day when light is not that harsh

These were taken late afternoon. Earlier in the day it was more glaring. Too much later would have been after sunset.

EDA Is it the mix of tree shade and light bars? That's what I like about this area. Is there a way to do this better?

you have to learn/observe/google more about light in photography because you obviously don't understand what I've said

- observe light and during the day
- google about dynamic range in photography

you have to learn/observe/google more about light in photography because you obviously don't understand what I've said

- observe light and during the day
- google about dynamic range in photography

Ah, yes, I do understand those things. Yes, light changes all day. I chose this particular time of day because I knew that the trees and lower sun would create interesting interplay. I took those pictures even though I knew that I had blown out sections. That's fine, it was the mood I was trying to capture, not a perfectly exposed image.

I would, however, like constructive criticism. Is there a better way to shoot into the sun and so on...?

Thoughts:

#1. The bike in the foreground does not really work for me here. Beyond that, there really is no subject for this image.

#2. Nice colors, but again - no subject. Unless it's the Porto-San or the trash can. And what's with the fake bokeh effect?

#3. Again, some nice elements - I see why you like this, but what is the subject? There is none.

#4. The flare is nice. Again, no subject. And you might have tried to straighten the horizon.

I see why you like these. I don't see why anyone else would be interested. There's nothing here to engage the viewer.
No subject. No story.
You have an artistic eye, you just need to work on seeing.

Thoughts:

#1. The bike in the foreground does not really work for me here. Beyond that, there really is no subject for this image.

#2. Nice colors, but again - no subject. Unless it's the Porto-San or the trash can. And what's with the fake bokeh effect?

#3. Again, some nice elements - I see why you like this, but what is the subject? There is none.

#4. The flare is nice. Again, no subject. And you might have tried to straighten the horizon.

I see why you like these. I don't see why anyone else would be interested. There's nothing here to engage the viewer.
No subject. No story.
You have an artistic eye, you just need to work on seeing.

Now this is somewhat useful!

For me, the subject was just the way the light and shadows were working together. What is the subject in most landscapes? Isn't it simply the way it looks that is pleasing? I suppose I could have focused in on the people... but that's sort of creepy.

I like the bike in 1. I had another without it and it wasn't as fun looking. The effect in 2 was more or less the result of my trying to get the trees to look how I wanted them to look. 3... the subject was the path. 4. Had I done that then the tree would have been crooked. I straightened for the tree. I do live in a valley, and the hills more or less just look like that.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back