NikonNewbie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I had to walk slowly...
127.jpg

:lol:

for real...tho...I was soooooooooooooooooooooo far away...I took about 100 shots...and every 5 pics I stepped like 10 steps closer...they started to realize I was there. The biggest one on the right (I might have cropped him out) actually walked a little towards me...and even from afar I could tell it was a BIG one, so naturally I took my sorry ass back to the car, in case he/she decided to attack me. And dont laugh, they do attack to protect their young!
5959crop.JPG

It must have been the mother or something...I have one where she stood in front of that white deer, none of the other ones...just that one.

Thats the closest you can get with 55-200??

and thats CROPPED TOO!!@
They didnt let me get too close b4 they ran off into the woods, they are sketchy, besides (me)<----City Girl :er:
not afraid of deer from a distance, but one rammed my friends car when he beeped at them in the road...so I dont take my chances anymore.

A tricky field to cross - certainly you're only going to get as close as they'll let you with nothing to hide behind. Generally though most animals have their own comfort zone - so you can push closer and stop and see - generally once you "hit" the comfort zone they either move away to maintain it - move right away (ie flee) or charge - though the latter is more when they are under more pressure (ie you push too close way too fast - or they have young or prior bad experience of humans)

And now you know why wildlife photographers tend to have lenses that cost many times the cost of their car ;)

Im just saying... I have taken one a lot closer than that with 24-70 LOL

_MG_0138.jpg

A tricky field to cross - certainly you're only going to get as close as they'll let you with nothing to hide behind. Generally though most animals have their own comfort zone - so you can push closer and stop and see - generally once you "hit" the comfort zone they either move away to maintain it - move right away (ie flee) or charge - though the latter is more when they are under more pressure (ie you push too close way too fast - or they have young or prior bad experience of humans)

And now you know why wildlife photographers tend to have lenses that cost many times the cost of their car ;)

GOTCHA! remember the fox...from when I first came on here...I dont take chances like that...cuz OBVIOUSLY my luck SUCKS!
lol

Its a "piebald" deer caused by a genetic mutation, its pretty rare to ever see one. They are not sterile, and can reproduce just fine, but unfortunatly for the deer, they are a prized hunting trophy. That girl might as well have a giant neon arrow over it saying "shoot me".

Im just saying... I have taken one a lot closer than that with 24-70 LOL

_MG_0138.jpg

Could the fence have played a role?

Ya really...was this a pet? lmao.
the deer on the farm have a very very small forest to run into...so they didnt let me get to close...if you could see from where I started and how far I got b4 the big one gave me stink eye, then maybe you would be impressed, or maybe not...maybe it's cuz you've got Ballz...LITERALLY :lmao:

Could the fence have played a role?

You just have to be a deer whisperer LOL JK.. Nah.. these deers can easily jump over that fence or run the other way.

Its a "piebald" deer caused by a genetic mutation, its pretty rare to ever see one. They are not sterile, and can reproduce just fine, but unfortunatly for the deer, they are a prized hunting trophy. That girl might as well have a giant neon arrow over it saying "shoot me".

I know :(
I've noticed that people are starting to notice she is there...they are starting to stop and watch...my hope is that since it's private property no one will shoot her.
I wonder if she's worth as much since she's not 100% pure white.

Damn...and I thought my NINJA skills were the max!
:(

well, now I'm finding some more baby jumper spiders...and trying to get macro shots without falling off the chair to get to them...even with a 200 and standing on a chair they are coming out really tiny and too far away.
If I could reach it (them) I would grab one and put them on a pc of paper to take the pics...but alas...im too damn short to reach them.

I know :(
I've noticed that people are starting to notice she is there...they are starting to stop and watch...my hope is that since it's private property no one will shoot her.
I wonder if she's worth as much since she's not 100% pure white.

Deer travel several miles, and private property is hunted pretty hard also. So she isn't by any means "safe". And unfortunatly, and this goes against everything I stand for, there are a lot of poachers out there that wouldn't hesitate to break the law by tresspassing and using illegal means to harvest that deer, during hunting season or not.

As for value, I doubt the person who shoots it would ever be interested in selling her as a mount. If I shot her, she'd be on my wall and becoming a family heriloom, and her hide would make a great wall hanging. There would be no price tag on that trophy.

Well my friends dad knows shes there, and he's a pretty BOLD fella...so I have no doubt that if anyone tresspassing on his land he wouldn't do something about it (if ya get my drift)...and I just hope she doesn't travel, this same herd? (is it a herd?) has been in this exact spot for the 4 years I've lived here...We watched many a fawn grow up here, and only on a rare rare occassion do you seen them on the side of the road (victim of accident)...so hopefully she will be safe.
you seem to know alot about them...so when she reproduces will the offspring be normal color? or will some of them have genetic markers and be white too?

Most reactions

Back