From the Frozen Tundra of New England...

Mad_Gnome

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
photo-guy.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Greetings, one and all! I'm a New Englander born and bred, and I've been blessed with an eye for composition since I was very young. Mom was always a shutterbug, and bought her first camera in 1982: a Minolta XD11. She bought it with an Auto 320X bounce flash and a Vivitar 28-90mm f/2.8-3.5 lens. This package served her faithfully for 17 years, until the board fried. I always remember looking over her shoulder at some of the wonderful pictures she used to take. There was no particular style that appealed to me. I liked them all. Candids, portraits, landscapes, macro: it was a wonderful world that could be seen through a lens.

I recently had my interest in photography rekindled when I inherited the X700 that replaced the XD11 shortly after my father passed away in June of 2003. Mom bought herself a Canon Powershot G5, so she doesn't do much film photography anymore. This being the case, I got the Minolta with all the accessories, plus her newer Canon EOS Elan IIE, and all the accessories associated with that, as well. I had my first photo published (as I'm sure many people have) on www.picture.com and have since only found my passion for the hobby(?) increasing. I find it can be frightening how quickly I can go through a roll of film! :confused:

Anyway, I'm glad I found a forum full of like-minded people who will understand and appreciate my discoveries and photographs, as other than Mom, there aren't many other photogs that I can talk to. Glad to be here!

~Adam

Welcome Adam.

Most reactions

Back