What's new

New from Michigan

DigiFilm

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Jan 23, 2019
Messages
304
Reaction score
205
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi all. A bit of background: I'm 60, been making photographs since I was about 8. I am an amateur. Started with an old Brownie my parents had in the closet. Went through all of the automatics of the day, 126, 110, Polaroid. Eventually ended up with a K1000 which was a huge learning curve after the others, no training and no internet.

Bought the first fully automatic SLR, a Minolta Maxxum 7000. This immediately made me lazy. Yeah, I could shoot A, S, or M, but...the camera did all of that, AND it focused, so...why bother. I mean after all, wasn't that the whole point?

Video cameras got popular, and the kids were coming along, and it became more important. I realized one day that I missed the camera but had no desire to carry around all that stuff. Digital cameras were becoming more popular and I ended up with a couple of bridge cameras over time, first a Kodak and then a Panasonic.

The bug bit again, and I ended up with a m4/3 Panny G7 with 14-42, 45-150, 100-300, and a 25.

Yeesh. So much for not carrying around a bunch of gear.

I had to relearn everything, and I still am. And now to make matters worse I committed to another K1000 on CL and a handful of lenses, which I'll pick up tomorrow. My daughter is getting into photography from the ground up. She bought a Nikon 5600. We attended a community college Photo 1 course last fall and to her credit, the camera hasn't come off Manual since we took the class. But, she doesn't know how good she has it. She is going to get a face-full of K1000 here shortly, I can't wait to see wonder how her photos turned out!

Anyway, hoping to learn and share. My knowledge base and ability is probably well below most of you, so bear with me!
 
Welcome! Interesting photograher CV.

I bet it's a bit cold where you are?
 
No, it's REALLY cold!

Not bad today. A couple of mornings ago it was -14deg F.
 
Welcome to the forum, from the downriver area.
 
Thanks to all.

Warhorse, I'm just S. of Ann Arbor, so we're fairly close. I'm currently working on a project in my professional life that takes me down there every week or so.
 
Welcome Jackson / Lansing area. Us Michiganders need to hook up in a central spot and go shoot.
 
Agreed!
 
Uh oh. Kindred spirits.
 
Welcome Jackson / Lansing area. Us Michiganders need to hook up in a central spot and go shoot.
Talk like that gets me going, as I am an avid firearms enthusiast as well. :thumbyo:
Cool, a small group of middle aged photogs lurking the street with cameras and weapons.... I'm game
 
Welcome Jackson / Lansing area. Us Michiganders need to hook up in a central spot and go shoot.
Talk like that gets me going, as I am an avid firearms enthusiast as well. :thumbyo:
Cool, a small group of middle aged photogs lurking the street with cameras and weapons.... I'm game
I'm a little more than "middle aged" (64), but as long as I don't walk to far without a break, I'm pretty much good to go.
 
Doesn't necessarily need to be walking. One of these days I'm going to see how many lighthouses I can hit in a long day. My daughter and I did a 5 hour drive-around on mostly dirt roads from South of Ann Arbor to Adrian and shot a bunch of silos and barns.
 
Welcome to the forum! I grew up in Michigan and still visit family there. A couple of years back my mom and I did a day-trip around the thumb area to hit a few lighthouses. Beautiful state!

Keep posting (check out the Photo Galleries) and have fun!
 
Doesn't necessarily need to be walking. One of these days I'm going to see how many lighthouses I can hit in a long day. My daughter and I did a 5 hour drive-around on mostly dirt roads from South of Ann Arbor to Adrian and shot a bunch of silos and barns.

Lets.get together and do that! I will drive. I can fit 4 passengers in my truck. Road trip
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom