From the Smokies

smoke665

TPF Supporters
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I guess the trees just gave up this year. The drought there is really bad, most everything is a yucky brown. Salvaged a few from an overcast day.

Gatlinburg_Pigeon Forge 202320231115_6390.jpg by William Raber, on Flickr

Gatlinburg_Pigeon Forge 202320231115_6387.jpg by William Raber, on Flickr

Gatlinburg_Pigeon Forge 202320231115_6385.jpg by William Raber, on Flickr

Gatlinburg_Pigeon Forge 202320231115_6383.jpg by William Raber, on Flickr

Gatlinburg_Pigeon Forge 202320231115_6378.jpg by William Raber, on Flickr

Interesting vintage photo processing. Works to enhance the 1st image for me.

Nice set of vintage style captures, I think they sucessfully give the viewer a feeling of the rustic abandonment.

Last edited:
@mjcmt @wobe @Jeff15 Thanks for looking and commenting. As mentioned in OP the color was mostly non existent thanks to the drought, even the Mountain Laurel with it's normally bright emerald green leaves was a faded dirty color and the overcast sky was sucking up the contrast. I tried to reflect that and add a vintage flair in the processing.

I think the processing was a smart move. In these conditions, why fight it? You made some lovely images out of a stressed area, so good on ya!

Next year will likely be improved- some drought during fall isn't unusual down there, just not severe enough to exhaust the foliage so early. :( Hope y'all get some rain soon.

I think the processing was a smart move. In these conditions, why fight it? You made some lovely images out of a stressed area, so good on ya!

Next year will likely be improved- some drought during fall isn't unusual down there, just not severe enough to exhaust the foliage so early. :( Hope y'all get some rain soon.

Thanks Terri. Actually raining there now, today and tomorrow, then supposedly more over the weekend.

Very nice set! The vignetting works very well and I especially like the first one and the last one.

Thanks Jeff, I really wanted to make something on the fence shots work, but the funky light was killing me, and I didn't want to wait all day.

Thanks Jeff, I really wanted to make something on the fence shots work, but the funky light was killing me, and I didn't want to wait all day.
You just needed my son in his 4th Cav Trooper uniform to lean against the fence...
SamS32013102301 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

Great idea on the processing. Dull landscape would take away from the wood structures. I like the blacks in the first one best.

Great idea on the processing. Dull landscape would take away from the wood structures. I like the blacks in the first one best.
Making lemonade out of Lemons. LOL

Most reactions

New Topics

Back