Front page on the paper

eric-holmes

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My picture made the front page of the local newspaper today. I was pretty excited.

baf4fa1d.jpg

c86bae71.jpg

That must feel good!
I.e. to be having one's own photo on the front page of the local paper.
Though having one's house burn - oh dear, that must feel really, really, REALLY bad. Poor folks...

Congrats on the publication. Too bad about the home but at least it was vacant.

Thanks. I've had other minor photos published but never one this big on the front page.

Do you work for the paper, or just take pictures where you see things happening, sending them in with the hope they get published? Just curious.

It's always better to be the photographer with the picture in the paper, than to be the photographer whose picture is in the paper.

Congrats!

Well here I was thinking I was cool having my image used in the paper...not front page though. Online pub went up today, print out tomorrow...I'm guessing middle to back page. lol.

Congrats. :)

at least your paper was smart enough to use a good version of your photo, mine just downloaded a shot off my flickr. I told them I'd send them a high res copy if they wanted one, as I was not sure they wanted to use one. I guess they needed it quickly... *shrugs*

Do you work for the paper, or just take pictures where you see things happening, sending them in with the hope they get published? Just curious.
I just take pictures of what I see happening. I just always try to get a more modern spin on the composition than your traditional journalist.

Just curious, do you get compensated for this, or just the satisfaction of having your photo posted, I would love to have my photo in the paper. congrats !!!!

That must feel good!
I.e. to be having one's own photo on the front page of the local paper.
Though having one's house burn - oh dear, that must feel really, really, REALLY bad. Poor folks...

Just to put you at ease it said "vacant"

Most reactions

Back