What's new

Frost Forest

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Joined
Nov 28, 2011
Messages
6,593
Reaction score
3,719
Location
Ontario
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This frost forms the same way on the window over and over again so I had to shoot it, I wish there was a tiny bit more ... clarity perhaps?
Would love to hear your thoughts, thanks for taking a look!

 
OMG...this is so beautiful! What a unique and cool display of frost - and you say it always builds up like this? Wow. :lovey: (Pardon me while the little things in life get me all happy.)

*does happy dance*

About the image...I'm not certain what you mean by "clarity" - it comes across nicely focused and sharp in the places that matter. Now, a bit of play with contrast could turn it up a notch. It is a bit on the flat side. That's all I got. :)
 
It does look like a forest! The part on the right is a little out of focus, might look a bit better with a wider DOF or setup more parallel to the window. Anyways, it is cool (pun not intended). I like it.
 
or maybe you could put something black on the other side of the glass so that the frost stands out a little more? That might give you the contrast you are looking for ...
 
Thanks Terri, Steve and John!

Terri, I totally agree I am fascinated by this every single day, the simple things are the best!

I think you two are onto something with the bit more contrast and brightness in it. Steve, that's a great suggestion of putting something black behind it, I've been trying to line it up with the landscape outside trying to position dark behind it, that's also likely the cause of the right being oof . Good thing it will be there but perhaps different in the morning to play again ;)
 
You're lucky that it forms in the same manner in the same place. I once found some incredible ice formations around the stems of plants while out deer hunting. They formed curly ribbons of ice right where the plants grew from the ground. I didn't have a camera with me, and have never seen anything like it again.

Sent from my phone with my giant, uncoordinated sausage thumbs.
 
I love this, PR!
 
That is really cool! No pun intended lol :)
 
That's gorgeous! Fantastic shot! I never would have thought to shoot that, honestly, but that is incredible.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom