Frosty Day

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Yesterday there was a short lived but gorgeous frost in the low lying areas. I got a couple shots on our way out but by the time we got out of our little valley it was apparent that was the only shot I was going to have at it.

I'm a little iffy about the crop on the first one, I like the colours, they are pretty true, the sky was blue above and behind so it cast that denim blue on the clouds above the trees. I'm working on giving the first one a try in B&W also, just don't have a version I'm happy with yet ;)

The second one isn't frosty but I really liked the transition (or lack thereof) between land and sky. It looks a little less sharp after the upload.

Would love to hear your thoughts, thanks for taking a look!

The first doesn't do much for me. I think you need to figure out the crop, as you mentioned, because my first impression was that the composition was a little scattered and didn't create any pattern or lead the eye anywhere. This sort of thing can be very subjective, but that's my reaction to it.

I like the second a lot. The trail in the upper left and the small plants at the bottom make it work for me. It's unfortunate that one of the plants is cut off, but you probably could clone it out - just look at the image and put your finger over it and you'll see (if you agree). The highlights seem like they need just a little boost, but that sometimes happens from uploading pictures through other sites.

Thanks Ken, I'm such a horrible judge of landscapes for some reason! I absolutely agree the composition on the first one is lacking, I will see if I can tweak the crop today with fresh eyes.

I can get on board with the plants adding but being crowded/cropped is bad. There is room to add so I will see if I can get a little more room in there. Comparing the upload to the local file it did lose a little "brightness"

Without seeing the original it is difficult to say much about the crop, but I like the colors. Lovely clouds on the second. two quite good shots.

Rob

Thanks Rob :)
What is left in the first shot is sky and snow, I don't think I cropped much if any off the sides.

$8421637078_fe3f78eaf3_b.jpg

re-crop and fix the color

Most reactions

Back