Frozen Bubbles

That' my favorite too Sharon. You must have loved these results especially on a 1st try!
BUT, the BIG question is, how did you get so low to take these? It looks like a gravel type road?
Nicely done,
Nancy

Thanks, all! Fortunately, it's not supposed to dip into the 20s here again for the foreseeable future, so I may not get a second chance for a while, but it was definitely worth being out in the cold for a bit.

I've been meaning to try this, great set Sharon!
You were one of the first people I thought of when I saw this, Pix! You have GOT to try it, I bet you could get really creative with it.

That' my favorite too Sharon. You must have loved these results especially on a 1st try!
BUT, the BIG question is, how did you get so low to take these? It looks like a gravel type road?
Nicely done,
Nancy

Haha, yes, well, not quite a gravel road. My knees have never been in the best shape (20+ years of playing keeper in soccer tends to do that) and since the accident in November, I really *can't* kneel or squat anymore at all. So, I had to find someplace I could get to a little easier. This was the top of a dark green car. The "gravel" look is just from the frost that was covering the car. :D

OOPSIE! I just noticed that I was evidently so excited about getting these posted, I never realized that Photo #3 and #4 are the exact same photo!

#4, Bubble Collapse, was supposed to be THIS picture:

Fantastic, Sharon.

That last one could easily be an uberwhatsit.

Thank you Sharon for showing these on TPF because I will never be able to do these myself and I never intend to go anywhere it is possible.

Those are AWESOME.

Just a little plug:
I uploaded Photo 5, my favorite, on 500px. It's already up to 92.1; that's my ninth highest-rated photo so far. If you wanna help push it further up the scale, go "like" it for me! :D
I'd LOVE to have a photo on 500px hit 99 sometime; closest I've ever gotten was 98.8.

Thank you Sharon for showing these on TPF because I will never be able to do these myself and I never intend to go anywhere it is possible.

I would happily sacrifice shots like these to live in a climate that never gets cold enough to freeze bubbles...one of these days, I may just have to leave my beautiful East TN hills and head further south. But I do LOVE East TN the other nine months of the year.

These are awesome Sharon. I tried this the other day and failed miserably.

We're having unusually mild weather in our neck of the woods at the moment, but as soon as a cold spell comes I know what my daughter and I will be doing :)

Very nice indeed. I love the patterns freezing conditions make. How cold does it need to be outside to get them to freeze? We're having quite a warm but wet winter at the moment.

I'd guess 0* C, at the highest, but colder would seem to be better.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back