Fuji S1500.

AJake

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I got the Fuji S1500 for Christmas this past year and was wondering if you guys and gals that own them or use them have any specific tips when using this camera.

The ultra-zoom cameras are often-overlooked. I had an Olympus C750 UZ that was similar to this before I got my SLR. The lens was fantastic.

Here are my tips for ultra-zoom-type cameras in general:

- If you can, get the manufacturer's wide angle adapter. The zooms often start at 35-38mm (35mm equivalent) that is not wide enough for tight indoor, landscape, and architecture shots.

- Use the electronic viewfinder when hand-holding shots at slower shutter speeds. Having the camera against your head makes it easier to hold steady.

- Prefocus when you'll be shooting action. They don't focus as fast as SLRs, but they will get the job done if you do your part.

- Get a tabletop tripod, and always have it with you. If you shoot at the lowest ISO setting and use that tripod, you will get super-nice photos, even at night.

- Use the tripod & self timer for indoor pictures; forget the flash. Direct flash has ruined so many pictures it is hard to estimate.

Does it have an image stabilizer? That is one thing my Olympus didn't have. Without that, you need really good light to take shots at the long end of the telephoto!

Nice camera, have fun!

Thanks Jeremy. I appreciate the tips. I have been on my mom about a tripod actually. haha

I'm pretty sure it does have the IS but I would have to check to make sure.

Thanks again. :)

Most reactions

Back