fuji sensor vs olympus OM-D sensor

I am heavily leaning towards the OLY M10. Cheaper price and buy some primes with the difference in money.
Unless somebody says the 3 axis image stabilization is horribly worse than the 5 axis on the M5.

I am heavily leaning towards the OLY M10. Cheaper price and buy some primes with the difference in money.
Unless somebody says the 3 axis image stabilization is horribly worse than the 5 axis on the M5.

I think this is a good idea, bodies come & go but good glass carries on into the next generation of bodies.

Personally, I think IBIS only becomes an asset in longer focal lengths & even then if you are steady it is not that important until you enter the 200mm+ glass. I shot adapted vintage lenses on my G1 for three years which of course had no stabilization other than myself. Just like the days of 35mm film cameras.

To get a good understanding of the size difference between an Olympus OM-D E-M1 system and a Fujifilm X-T1 system, play around in camerasize.com. Here are a few comparisons, with generally comparable lenses:

Actually, that's practically it. There aren't a lot of Fuji lenses at camerasize.com, like the wide-angle primes and zoom, as well as the short telephoto primes and telephoto zoom. And Fujifilm doesn't currently have counterparts to the Olympus 12-40mm f/2.8 / Panasonic 12-35mm f/2.8, Panasonic 35-100mm f/2.8 (they're coming, in the form of a 16-55mm f/2.8 and 50-140mm f/2.8), and the super telephoto options. That being said, Olympus and Panasonic don't really have a lens to compete with the newly-released 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 (that is, a weather-sealed superzoom), so it's not at all lop-sided.

For me, Micro Four Thirds is much more than sufficient.

I love my E-M10 and its 3 axis image stabilization is absolutely amazing. Granted my longest lens is 50mm. Maybe on 300mm telephoto lens there's a difference, but I couldn't test that as I don't own any longer lenses.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back