Fujifilm X-10: Lense compatibility question. Help Please!

gendarmee

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi there,

Posting as I need to gift a a lense to friend who has a .Fujifilm X-10.

I've shortlisted FUJINON LENS XF55-200mmF3.5-4.8 R LM OIS and Fujinon XC50-230mmF4.5-6.7 OIS II Black.

I'm slightly confused as I am not clear on the lense compatibility of the lenses above. The cam says its an XT system but the lenses reads it X system. Confused I am.

Can any one confirm if either one are compatible?

Thanks a tonne!
Gendarmee

( when in doubt I could not help by remember this forum at first instant. Posting after almost 8 years.)

Both lenses you have selected are compatible with the XT-10. The XF series lenses are of higher build quality than the XC series lenses.

Joe

Both lenses you have selected are compatible with the XT-10. The XF series lenses are of higher build quality than the XC series lenses.
Joe

Thanks a tonne Ysarex for the uber prompt reply!
Will get the 55-200 for the better aperture range. Good to know about the build quality.

Many Thanks,
Gendarmee

Not all cameras called "Fujifilm X*" are part of the Fujifilm X system.

But those who are not are compact cameras, like the X100/X100s/X100t/X100f, X70, X10/X20/X30, XF10.

The camera you mentioned, the X10, is a compact camera.

The camera you linked, the X-T10, is a system camera and belongs to the Fujifilm X system.

Fujifilm has currently two camera systems, the X system using APS-C sensors (24x16mm), and the G system using crop medium format sensors (44x33mm).

The X lenses are called "Fujinon XF" or, for the cheap models, "Fujinon XC".

The G lenses are called "Fujinon GF".

There are also of course third party lenses for the Fujifilm X system, like Zeiss Touit (available for Sony E and Fujifilm X), or the Mitakon 35mm f0.95 (also available for Sony E and Fujifilm X). How those are called depends upon the company in question.

Most reactions

Back