What's new

Full Moon, Textured!

ya think?

$1-crop.webp
 
Hey here's my best moon shot I got the "Man in the Moon"

$Man in the Moon.webp
 
Waning Moon shot tonight at 11:20 CST, southern part of the US. F:/10 1/160th, ISO 100 Nikon D7000, 70-200 2.8 with 1.7 teleconverter @300mm.

$Waning moon 3-28 fw.webp Close Up $Waning moon 3-28 ecu fw.webp
 
These photos look a lot like mine, it's like we are all shooting the same moon.. weird ;)
 
These photos look a lot like mine, it's like we are all shooting the same moon.. weird ;)

I reckon my moonshot is the only one that's like yours Ashtun, everyone elses is upside down. :cheers:
 
These photos look a lot like mine, it's like we are all shooting the same moon.. weird ;)

It is indeed strange because I happen to own this one and now am wondering why you are trespassing on my part of space. This is not good as I see there are many such trespasses in your area. The nerve of you guys down there, the absolute stunning nerve! You shall be hearing from my Barrister shortly.
 
Hey all!!

Took me a little while, but I got a hold of my friends 300mm and took this photo! What do you think?

$DCS_6359.webp

Thanks!
 
To put this into perspective, let's do a bit of maths.

The moon is, on average, 31.7 arcminutes in diameter. That's about 1/2 of a degree, and there's 180 degrees from one horizon to the opposite one.

A 300mm lens, even on a crop sensor DSLR, has a field of view of 5°. That's 10 times the angular diameter of the moon. So the moon will only be 1/10th the size of the sensor. Shooting full frame just compounds this problem by the crop factor of the camera system.


Or, to put it another way, take a quarter. Anyone want to guess how far that quarter needs to be from your eye to match the 31.7 arcminutes the moon is?
 
Yeah... I was wondering how you got it to look so good with such a major crop. Cause I cropped this and it just looked bad :( I guess if I was out of focus that would be why. I took a lot, and this was the most in focus I could get.
 
Yeah... I was wondering how you got it to look so good with such a major crop. Cause I cropped this and it just looked bad :( I guess if I was out of focus that would be why. I took a lot, and this was the most in focus I could get.

Try it on manual focus, set to infinity.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom