Full Moon

darkchild

The Punisher
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ok so after being told i need to find something to take a picture of and pay attention to the background, i came up with these 2. i took 47 pictures and it was hard choosing the best ones. let me know what you think.

IMG_0124.jpg

IMG_0100.jpg

#1 is ok. I'm bummed that it's so pin-pointed and centered. The moonlight in the clouds is a cool effect, but there's a lot of empty space. Perhaps if you put the moon in the right third and zoomed way in, it would have more interest.

#2 is blurry and it hurts my eyes. I would delete it.

#1 is ok. I'm bummed that it's so pin-pointed and centered. The moonlight in the clouds is a cool effect, but there's a lot of empty space. Perhaps if you put the moon in the right third and zoomed way in, it would have more interest.

#2 is blurry and it hurts my eyes. I would delete it.

i was thinking the same thing about it being centered, i liked 2 a lot i dont know why, these pictures were taken in American Fork by the way, about 15 minutes from where you live.

although the pic is filled w/ noise on #1 I do like it. But 2 seems way out of focus and if that was in focus it'd have been a great shot! Nice either way :)

although the pic is filled w/ noise on #1 I do like it. But 2 seems way out of focus and if that was in focus it'd have been a great shot! Nice either way :)

what do you mean by "noise"?

Would of been optimus prime had you made the shutter speed quicker in my opinion.

Would of been optimus prime had you made the shutter speed quicker in my opinion.

x2, i barely learned about shutter speed about 5 minutes ago, i'm buying a tripod tonight to help out and also adjusting my shutter speed

x2, i barely learned about shutter speed about 5 minutes ago, i'm buying a tripod tonight to help out and also adjusting my shutter speed

Yea, I mean I learned this last time I was taking photos of the moon, but it's like taking a picture of something bright.. You wouldn't want to take a photo on the beach while it was noon and brightly sunny with a 30 second exposure correct? Try taking photos at around 1/200th and higher at the moon.

You'll find that exposing the moon properly and getting the clouds in the scene is impossible.
A little dodging/burning could fix that, no problem.

darkchild, fill the frame with your subject and place things off-center once in awhile. google the terms 'symmetrical balance' vs. 'asymmetrical balance'.

Make your exposure bit low, and yes try some different exposure blending, and you can give a long shutter speed when there is wind, that gives a different touch with the clouds movement

Regards
Sukalyan Chakraborty

what do you mean by "noise"?

Noise is generally caused by high ISO settings, and produces a "grainy" appearance on your images.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back