Fun Photoshoot. C&C?

Markw

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.outsidetherainbow.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well, I had an idea that I wanted to do, and it became clear very quickly that it wasnt going to turn out like I wanted it to, so we just had a fun photoshoot while I had all the lights out anyway. This is what I came out with. I realise that I should have probably pulled back a little to get the bottom of the stool in, and some more of the shadow...too late now. Anywho, feel free to comment on anything you'd like. Don't be afraid to hurt my feelings. :)

Nikon D300s
Sigma 18-50mm F/2.8 EX DC D
Sigma 10-20mm F/4-5.6 EX DC IF HSM

Lets get the annoying one out of the way first. I couldn't decide on a composition, so I'll post a few.
1-1
DSC_72103.jpg

1-2
DSC_72101.jpg

1-3
DSC_72105.jpg

I'm definately going to be playing around with this idea more in the near future:
DSC_7182.jpg

DSC_7221.jpg

DSC_7220.jpg

DSC_72151.jpg

These last two are just for fun. I asked her to do a scary, grungy face and this is what she came up with :rofl:
Fun-1
DSC_7211.jpg

I asked her to do a silly face, and this is what she came up with :rofl:
Fun-2
DSC_7212.jpg

Well, overall, it was a fun day either way.
Looking forward to hearing from you!
Mark

Not really diggin' the blue gel on flesh. Too smurf-like for my taste. #2 is awesome. I'm guessing it's rotated 180°. Really like the last two, sans blue gel. The gel may work on the background or as an accent spot in the frame, but it doesn't resonate on the skin for me.

Well done and thanks for sharing.

I liked #1 and #2, and also the shot where she's sitting on the stool and showing all the aggro in Fun-1. She's so beautiful! great features for photography. Thanks for sharing these.

Im agreeing with not liking the blue, it doesn't suite the theme your shooting for. I think a warmer gel would have worked wonders, love the idea.

Loving 1-2 and 1-3. Although I can see the background a bit on 1-2 just above her left leg (her left, camera right) - I'd burn that out along with the stool on both.

On 2, I can see where you've erased the background but haven't quite got the brush up to the girl - there's a slightly off-black halo around her, particularly around her hair, boobs, back of the legs and her feet.

Thank you all! I know what you're saying with the blue gel, but it was mainly for fun and she really wanted that blue gel on. :lol:
I see also what you're saying about the off-black on #2. Thanks for pointing that out! There's something odd going on in that I can see the things on here and on photobucket, but I dont see anything of the like when I open it on photoshop. I'll try to fix all of that.

Yes, rotated it 180 degrees for #2, and it didn't really work out how I wanted to at all. When, if, it ever stops raining here, we will do something similar outdoors and hopefully it will work better after planning it out again.

Thank you all again for your comments! I'd love to hear more. :)
Mark

Most reactions

New Topics

Back