What's new

Fun With Settings...

Nitro Boy

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
21
Reaction score
0
Location
Spokane, WA
Hello, everyone.

This is a post of pictures from my first real "photo-outing." I went to SCC for about 6 hours yesterday (Spokane, WA)

Mostly, this is more of a "get a feel for your camera" day. I would say I made a helluva improvement on getting things right. Let me know what you think, and dont feel afraid to post

SawHorse:
0744Small.jpg



Open:
0687Small.jpg


Leaf:
0722Small.jpg


Drain:
0708Small.jpg


Light:
0704Small.jpg


Steel:
0695Small.jpg


Droplets:
0757Small.jpg


Now, the colors arent nessicarily the best on these shots. Dont be afraid to post to tell me what you think!

Btw- These pics might be hard with 56k users... (could a mod fix the title?)
 
Great pictures Ben! Sawhorse is an excellent abstract, I still can't see what angle you got the sawhorse at! Also, Open is really neat. The crop is a little tight though, was there lots of field around it? It would be cool to have it jsut in the middle of a field..

Great job!
 
Nice shots! Like drain, light and droplets the best!

Rob
 
with the sawhorse, its between the legs looking at one of the cross-beams.

Btw- yes, open is a tight crop. It has a large amount of grass around it... I'll show u on msn.

Rob- Thanks for the crits. I had fun taking pics of the droplets. I actually came back around to that spot a few times!
 
Good days shooting, some nice pics. Like the droplets best :thumbup:
 
Great set Ben, I think Droplets is my fav. Don't worry about the colors. You need to shoot more and get a feel for the camerea and what it can do. There is nothing wrong with shooting alot. I am doing that right now.
 
kelox- Thank you for your kind words. I have gotten into the idea of taking many of the same picture... the only problem is they all turn out bad... lol. Alot of you have the luxury of a high end camera with alot of extra accessories and whatnot. Im using a Canon powershot A520, which some may know is a lower-end came (not an experts camera, thats for sure.) I consider myself lucky to be able to take of advantage of what camera I have.

Btw- kelox; I love your gallery. What software did you use to generate that? (looks like ".mac". Is there a way to produce similar gallerys in windows?)
 
Nothing ever wrong with a Powershot!
They are able to take some good photos, once you leave the All-Automatic path and try to use it more and more manually. These little Powershots are great on close-ups! (Not supermacros, but close-ups work just fine with the "Flower"-button pushed).
And to go out and test things like differing depths of field, angles (does yours have a swiveling screen?), points of view etc. can only help.

Unlike Matty-Bass, however, I like the sawhorse least of all (doesn't tell me much, but these things are purely subjective), but I really like the drain!!! Composition, cropping, DOF all appeal to me much in that one.
 
LaPhoto- Thanks. I agree, the powershot does take good photos, once cropped and downsized I cant tell the difference between my camera, and the ones the pros use. I have been using auto, but also venturing out into shutter speed modes and whatnot.

P.s. No, my camera does not swivel.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom