Funny Comments you get when you have your "big" camera

hmm, The only people that come up to me are bums. They tell me not to take their picture. The last one went somethign like this:

Me: (sitting on the pier with my camera on tripod, shooting up the sound)
bum: "hey you!"
me: (turns around)
bum: "now don't you take my picture, if you do i'll gut you like a fish!"
me: (nods in agreement)

the bum walked off.

Another told me his life story and about how he lost his ear from skin cancer (he showed me too, it was disgusting), and how he moved from tampa bay over to Seattle. He still wouldn't let me take his picture.

I was just minding my own buisness!

This happened yesterday, went to a local ski resort and after getting to the top of the mountain, I saw a lady carrying her Canon 5D with a wide-angle, lens hood, and a big softbox on top of it. I was looking for someone to take a picture of my fiance and I, she made herself aware she was capable of using my 30D. :)

Oh, actually, I am very often in that situations that I always have to take pictures of couples (or single Indians for some reason). They see my camera and think, wow, he will make us look good on the photo. Sometimes I feel like I take more pictures with other people's p&s cameras than with my own gear ;)

I am never sure how those images come out in the end though... guess they are all very disappointed in the end ;)

bum: "now don't you take my picture, if you do i'll gut you like a fish!"

wow, Seattle seems to be a nice place! ;)

Would be very hard for me to stay calm if approached that insulting way.

I was shooting with my XT and battery grip with my 100-400 f/4 L IS lens at a local pond with some neat birds.
An older man came up to me and said: "Your never gonna get good photos with that old thing, they fit all that into a little bugger that fits in your pocket now-a-days... And they take fantastic pictures!" Then he went on to tell me how much they cost, where to buy them, and what a megapixel was. I let him finish then I replied: "This is digital." The man laughed thinking it was a joke, and walked away.

Also a lady approached me last week while I was doing an engagement shots for a customer and asked if she could borrow my camera for an hour to shoot her sons baseball game.

Ive also been asked:
If I was making a movie
If I worked for the news
If I was hired by a wife to spy on a man
If I worked for the CSI

I think thats it, I must just get all the wackos....

I think thats it, I must just get all the wackos....

yours are just great :)

It would be fun to see the faces belonging to all those stories. We should all take pictures of everyone asking us a stupid question or making a stupid comment and post them here.

yours are just great :)

It would be fun to see the faces belonging to all those stories. We should all take pictures of everyone asking us a stupid question or making a stupid comment and post them here.

:hail:
HA HA HA, I'm so going to start doing this! I'm going to carry my camera with me EVERYWHERE just trolling for stupid comments/questions.

And after the question or comment I will stare at them for a second then take a picture of them really quick... ha ha! :lmao:

And after the question or comment I will stare at them for a second then take a picture of them really quick... ha ha! :lmao:

And after that, if in Seattle, RUN! :p

Wow, you guys lead such interesting and varied professional lives! Most of us can only dream ....
Don't y'all be forgetting that.
*returns to Excel file ....*

Wow, you guys lead such interesting and varied professional lives! Most of us can only dream ....
Don't y'all be forgetting that.
*returns to Excel file ....*

hey, this all is not an attack on beginners in photography :) just on totally ignorant people ;)

and who said we are all having interesting an professional lives anyway? ;)

wow, Seattle seems to be a nice place! ;)

Would be very hard for me to stay calm if approached that insulting way.

It's usaully all talk and no show, someting similar happened outside my work before I left and we had to call the cops because he was just camping outside our front door, and we didnt' want anyone to leave while he's still out there.

It's usaully all talk and no show, someting similar happened outside my work before I left and we had to call the cops because he was just camping outside our front door, and we didnt' want anyone to leave while he's still out there.

My most interesting experience of that kind was a "white trash guy" (so my Canadian friends called him afterwards) at a Toronto petrol station.

When my friends where inside the satation he approached me and literally said " I do not like people like you." .. I asked very friendly what his problem was. and he started shouting at me, trying many ways to insult me .. he was a bit confused by my English accent and politeness though. We ended up by him asking if I wanna play a game and he took his shirt of ready to start a fight. I calmly replied that when I play it is never games, but the real thing. So he kept approaching and stepping back, whereas I stayed in my position, trying not to look intimidated at all ;) (ok, inside i was quite nervous ;) ) .. all the time his hysterical GF or wife in his car was screaming he should stay out of trouble.

Because I stayed polite but very definitive and European, you could see he got very confused and did not know what to do ... well then my friends came back and dragged me into the car and he walked away as well. So that was one of my first experiences on your continent ;)

So that was one of my first experiences on your continent ;)

So he didn't like foriegn people? Welcome to USA mother f*cker! I bet he voted Bush too. :roll:

So he didn't like foriegn people? Welcome to USA mother f*cker! I bet he voted Bush too. :roll:

oh boy, guess you are in trouble now .. assuming Toronto to be USA territory ;)

Anyway, he did not know I was not Canadian first, and I think it did not matter to him. Although when he realised I was not from his continent, he tried to insult me for that.

oh boy, guess you are in trouble now .. assuming Toronto to be USA territory ;)

Anyway, he did not know I was not Canadian first, and I think it did not matter to him. Although when he realised I was not from his continent, he tried to insult me for that.

I promise not all Americans are ignorant redneck assholes.... but we do have our fair share.

Most reactions

Back