Gadget infinity difuser

Techuser

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
t_16902.jpg

Gadget Infinity :: Digital Camera :: Flash Diffuser :: Reflector Diffuser Multi-Color pack for camera camcorder

Does anyone have experiences with it?
Looks more practical than using softboxes

Looks fine, never used one, but I just like a mini softbox.

I don't know how well it will diffuse the light, being so close to the flash head. I would think that the top, where the flash head is, would be much brighter than the bottom.

I think a softbox wouldnt work for me
As I shot mostly in forests I always need both my hands free, so I take the camera in and out of the bag (shoulder bag) everytime I find something to shoot, with a difuser like that I could just throw the flash in with the card folded backwards
Also a softbox might be too long for my short lens (compact camera) and working distance of 10cm

I don't know how well it will diffuse the light, being so close to the flash head. I would think that the top, where the flash head is, would be much brighter than the bottom.
Tought about it, I think it wouldnt be much of a problem if I mount the difuser downside, with an angle towards the object

made a quick render to show how I'm planning to use it
nissindi6224.jpg

Unless you are very close to your subject, I don't think they gain in 'light softness' would justify the cost or the inconvenience of using it.

Have you ever looked at the lumiquest pocket bouncer? It works well in the situation you just described. I use mine outside and inside when I do not have a good ceiling to bounce off of. When I have a celinig, I use the lumiquest 80/20. Check them out.

This thing won't do anything for you either. Save your money, and if you want something that works and is cheaper, look at what I did myself for nearly nothing:

3568424906_a96d49bd83.jpg

This one cost me almost an entire $1.50 (thats ONE dollar FIFTY cents) to make, and I bet it works better than this thing from GI !!

Most reactions

Back