What's new

Gazing

bburton

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 9, 2006
Messages
256
Reaction score
10
Location
Fort Worth, Texas
The photographer and his faithful companion gaze upon a giant gazing ball. :)

7206-Reflections.jpg
 
Is this a fountain of sorts?
Nice weather, and it looks like this is situated at the edge of a park?
A pity that the glare of the sun gives us so little chance to really see "the photographer" and his "faithful companion"... now I am curious!

Have you ever thought about a very tight crop of this one, just to see what it would look like and if it could fool the viewer a little? If this were my pic, I'd at least test it all out ;).
 
It's a gazing ball from the thirties... I have a new one of course. My wife loves them they are quite nice. I hae never seen on on that kind of stand though. Very nice I like the shot and the subject.
 
Interesting! I've never seen (or gazed) at a gazing ball before!!

Rob
 
LaFoto said:
Is this a fountain of sorts?
Nice weather, and it looks like this is situated at the edge of a park?
A pity that the glare of the sun gives us so little chance to really see "the photographer" and his "faithful companion"... now I am curious!

Have you ever thought about a very tight crop of this one, just to see what it would look like and if it could fool the viewer a little? If this were my pic, I'd at least test it all out ;).
I gave the crop idea a try, but unfortunately the ball is too "scuffed" to provide decent reflections. I also used Noiseware to smooth out the image. :)

7206-Reflections2.jpg
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom