General critique needed

Zach

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
On the way home tonight, I stopped and snapped a few shots. I didn't have my tripod, but I made do with what I had. I know I need to try some different angles lol. Point out anywhere you think I could improve. Thanks.

DSC_0032-1.jpg

DSC_0025-1.jpg

i like the first one better. the second one looks out of porportion like you were using a wide angle lense and it distorted it. try staning further back and zooming in instead of standing close with no zoom. sweeet ride though. is it yours?

Nice idea; a couple of thoughts. Adjust your shooting position so that you only have the building in the background and not the trees image right. As well, try getting down and shooting up at the car.

Just some quick things to consider...

- Dead-center subjects tend to be kinda boring. Look into the rule of thirds.
- Try to get pictures from positions other than just standing up and shooting... crouch down, lean over, stand on a building, climb a tree, jump from a plane, lie in a puddle... make it interesting.
- I'm not a car shooter, but look for interesting elments of the car... things that really pop and grab you and try to get shots of those.
- Watch your color balance.
- Pick backgrounds that either compliment or contrast the car in some way. I'm not sure what a random barn does for a 70s(?) muscle car.

I like the barn in the back ground, if you're emphasizing the age of the car even though the barn looks much older then the 70's. I like it mainly for the color contrast. To be nit picky, I think I would have turned the car just a pinch more to see more of the side - not much. Also, less groung below & more in front of the car to get away from the center shot.

I haven't shot cars before, but I'm thinking if you take a shot looking slightly up to the car, it's going to give it more of a dominant feel. That's how it works with most things. Overall, I really like the pic. Good job!

Thanks everyone, I'll try these tips next time.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back