General Shots

ShotGunNik

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Feel free to critique, I'm really trying to learn better both with the camera and visuals.

USCM-MethodbuiltPics083.jpg

USCM-MethodbuiltPics048-1.jpg

USCM-MethodbuiltPics046-1.jpg

IMG_0255-1.jpg

Also, I'd like to add that the first shot was with a Nikon Point and Shoot, but the rest were with my Canon XSi & kit lense.

#2 seems to have the most to say as an image. It expresses some raw emotion. It's a little noisy and blurry. Also, consider cropping it just below the bird. I'd also like to see a little more light in the photo.

I agree completely with TiCoyote.
I like that shot best.

see i told you nick... that shot wins.. hahaah!!

The car one is the only one I see with potential but its underexposed, the composition needs a little work, and the camera tilt doesnt do anything for the shot.

Thanks guys, much appreciated! The Pick #2 was actually a last minute shot before the sun started to fade away. In regards to blurry pic, I'm still tryin' to have a more steady hand with shots, but I'm sure the tri-pod would suffice in the future. In regards to light, I'm still learning as well with post editing and I don't have photoshop, so I'm using what I have in Windows Vista lol, but I agree as well with the cropping.

The car shot was actually the first day I used my XSi lol....my girlfriend told me of a nice place with a view so this was one of a few shots I took. The camera wasn't even set to RAW with specific ISO settings or exposure, I just used the automatic setting right out the box rofl....as well, I was barely learning about cropping along with trying to find my own style.

I'm pretty sure if I had photo shop I could have edited the SLR shots a lot better for some justification of a decent shot, but I'm working with basic photo editing via Windows Vista lol

Here's some recent shots form Monterey Bay. Although I didn't have the proper lense for most shots, I used the 28 - 135mm since I didn't have the 50mm 1.8 at the time.

_MG_2384.jpg

_MG_2386.jpg

_MG_2387.jpg

_MG_2390.jpg

_MG_2397.jpg

_MG_2420.jpg

_MG_2451.jpg

_MG_2464.jpg

_MG_2465.jpg

_MG_2469.jpg

_MG_2483.jpg

_MG_2486.jpg