German Plenary Hall

deveel

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi folks, I haven't posted for a while now, but I'm awfully busy. So, therefore, here is an image with a longer explanation and then, there will probably be silence again for a few days :) It's sad that I just find time to browse through the images but not to comment the great stuff here ... anyway.

I went to Berlin saturday night and only had my PowerShot A70 with me (now I can feel Corinna's pain when she only had her small cam available). We went on top of the "Reichstag", the German parliament's main building which was reconstructed about 10 years ago. Sir Norman Foster constructed a glass dome on top of the plenary hall where tourists can go up an have a nice view over Berlin. At night you can also look down through the glass roof of the plenary hall and you will see what's shown in the photo below.

20051113_reichstag-fc.jpg

As far as the tile of the photo is concerned, this is an art project which can be found in one of the courtyards of the Reichstag building. The big illuminated letters "DER BEVÖLKERUNG" (meaning something like "to the people") are surrounded by soil of all the electoral districts in germany and plants grow around the letters so that there is an almost always changing image of these words. So I took a picture of this "monument" and placed it as the title (well, the lights of the letter Ö don't seem to work ...)

So ... back to work then ... :grumpy:

That's funny, my sense of perspective when I first looked at this was all off, and I thought I was looking up at something :) Had to read a bit more carefully before I noticed the chairs and realised what it was lol

what an awesome view. i'd love to see that in person.
great capture...thanks for sharing.

thats a great picture.

i loved looking in to all those glass mirrors when i saw it. so cool... :mrgreen:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back