What's new

Getting a new 27inch Mac. What software would you get?

Biggs88

TPF Noob!
Joined
Oct 23, 2010
Messages
154
Reaction score
2
Location
Philadelphia, PA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello all. I am finally upgrading to a mac. Im getting the 27inch! Can't wait!

LOL

I have Lightroom 3.

My budget will allow for either Elements 10 or Aperture 3.

I am leaning towards Elements 10. What say you all?

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
I got a 2010 model brand new at very low price. Love it.

There is no reason to get Aperture 3 if you already have and use LIghtroom 3.

* Monitor calibrator
* VirtualBox (You can run virtualized Linux and Windows.. just in case) free.
* Wacom pen tablet

I personally waited off on photoshop (I have an outdated version) because 90% of what I do is in Lightroom 3. Check out GIMP. free too.
 
I got a 2010 model brand new at very low price. Love it.

There is no reason to get Aperture 3 if you already have and use LIghtroom 3.

* Monitor calibrator
* VirtualBox (You can run virtualized Linux and Windows.. just in case) free.
* Wacom pen tablet

I personally waited off on photoshop (I have an outdated version) because 90% of what I do is in Lightroom 3. Check out GIMP. free too.

Thanks!!! I guess I will just get elements.

I can't wait to take the 1TB hard drive for a spin!!!
 
The first software I got for my Mac was Windows 7 :)) I hate the Mac OS, not mentioning that when I tried to work with it, mouse gone all crazy and was just flying around the screen like it was in between two magnets..But congratz anyway, cant say anything negative about Macs HW :)
 
Hello all. I am finally upgrading to a mac. Im getting the 27inch! Can't wait!

LOL


You're just bragging aren't you?

Nice confuser, enjoy.

(Not a typo - went you get to my age, computers can be confusing!)

Half bragging, half trying to figure out what to put on my baby! lol

I here RAVE reviews about apples editing software, but nearly nothing about elements.

I want elements, just making sure it's the right first move. My wallet is going to be lite for a few months while paying this sucker off. Dont want to get the wrong program!! lol
 
You should be fine to go with Elements. :thumbup:
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom