Getting a new Grip for my XTI - What should I consdier

crowl31

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have seen several grips online and some are like $70 and some are like $170.

Is there a model people reccomend? What is there to think about when buying a grip?

I know Canon is the way to go but is there one that's comparable thats cheaper, or is Canon the way to go?

I bought the Canon for my XTi and never looked back. Very happy with it. I later bought a 40D and purchased the Canon grip for it as well.

Derrick

I recently purchased that canon model (BG-E3) and could not be more pleased. I have heard that some of the other models don't always fit properly, so I was hesitant to purchase some of the cheaper models out there. What really sold me on the canon was the extra shutter and exposure controls, which are quite nice when shooting in portrait mode.

The canon can be purcahsed from B&H for ~$150, I purchsed mine from New Egg for ~$135.

Well, I have heard that opteka makes one that works reasonably well, and it also has the extra shutter and exposure controls. That one runs at about 70 on ebay, which isn't bad. Obviously Canon is probably the highest quality one, etc. but, the others do work also.

I have had the Opteka grip on my Xt for over 2 years. Fits perfectly and has ALL of the same features and functions of the Canon.

Take a look at the reviews over 156 and it is nearly 5 stars on Amazon. I think you are safe to save the money :)

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000G3KLPA?ie=UTF8&tag=gelstoncafeco-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B000G3KLPA[/ame]

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I also have the Canon grip for the XTi, its awesome, has a button for vertical shooting, its nice... Holds 2 batteries or like 6 or 8 AA batteries... Comes with 2 "magazines"

Most reactions

New Topics

Back