Getting a website

There is no prefect solution or else it would just be the standard, Your better solutions are low res, water marking and put them on a web site that you can control rite click protect, I use SmugMug's pro Account and I seem to do ok with that. but these solutions will only keep the honest people from stealing your photos if some one wants it bad enough they will find a way.

I use a watermark that is embedded in the images, but is transparent, so you see the image clearly, but at the same time, the logo is also clearly visible. I suppose you could say the appearance is "waterish" (not a word, is it???) I think it looks classy, where as simple having partially transparent text can really spoil an image.

I just downloaded and installed a plugin for Lightroom that is incredibly helpful to me. I don't know how many images you usually export at a time, and then *ideally* upload to your website, but if you work in batches of more than 20, this plugin is helpful.

It does a number of things, including embed a watermark, or a border around your images when exporting, so you don't have to go to Photoshop and do it anymore. I found the link on a Flickr:

http://www.flickr.com/groups/adobe_lightroom/discuss/72157603747748847/?search=borders

Quite helpful, and the cost of the unrestricted version of it is a donation of your choice.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back