Getting back to an old hobby

EandSphotography

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi everyone. i've been inactive in photography for about 4 years but have recently decided to jump back in. I was living in new orleans when Hurricane Katrina hit and wiped us out. I had just started a small photo business about a year earlier and was just beginning to get some repeat business. When we evacuated before the storm the only thing i took with me as far as photo stuff goes, was my camera bag which had a eos3 body and a couple of lenses and some filters. I left my lights, backdrops, props, etc there not thinking it was going to be as bad as it was. Well, it all got flooded and destroyed. So fast forward a few years now. I now live in Knoxville, Tn. and have found new hobbies and things to do, but I would always think about getting back into photography. Well, recently my uncle called and is getting married here in Tennessee and wants me to do his wedding. Perfect excuse to buy all new stuff right???!!! So , I ordered a new 50d and a couple of lenses, batt. grip, memory card, new laptop, printer,etc. All the toys that go along with it. I'm not really interested in starting another business cause it seems just by looking at the ads that are around, everyone and his brother is doing weddings and such. just looking to get back into it for a hobby and have some fun. While I was back in louisiana, i had taken some non-credit photo classes there and earned a photography certificate. Since it's been 4 years since i've really even picked up an SLR much less the new digital SLR i've ordered i thought it might be a good idea to take some more classes. University of Tennessee offers a photo certificate program also which begins next month so I plan on enrolling in it and basically just start over like i didnt know anything and hope it comes back to me pretty quickly.
hope to get some good responses on here to questions and tech issues that may come up in the future.

Thanks,
Erik

Welcome Eric, I'm certain it will come back to you pretty quickly, sorry to hear of your loss because of Katrina, glad to hear you are making it in Tenn.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back