Getting in more practice

Holly

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Dont be surprised if you start to see ODD photos from me.. :) IM going to start taking MORE pictures so I can get more practice in... Here is one I tried today of a garden friend.. Ready for Spring..

spring.jpg

Please critique..

I like the image on the right..In the left picture the shadow is distracting.

Steve

Glad to see you have posted Holly. The one on the left is a little distracting with the shadows so a little better light would help ya. . I like the one on the right. Looking forward to more shots.

Well, like others have said before me, you should try to play with lights. This fellow looks patient and friendly enough to be sitting through long photo sessions, and he won't blink in whichever lighting you use, so he should be the best model for a good many "testing different light sources" pics. Light from the side, two lights, light from back and below with an additional light from the front. Plays with light and shadows ... all this is possible with your desk light and other lights in the house, only will you have to put your white balance to "tungsten" (or the light bulb as icon, or so). I think this could be the beginning of a long and interesting story :D.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back