Getting lenses Painted?

Ed.

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I am a nikon user, and i am personally a big fan of nikkor lenses in White, more so than black (the few i've seen in white such as 70-200mm).

If you buy a factory nikkor lenses in black, can you make them white? Can nikon paint over the factory black and make white lenses? Or mabey change factory black to white caseing? obviously i want to know if this can be done without hurting internal glass and components, and if it was able to be done would it be cost effective (i don't wanna pay huge money, regardless of lens).

I think the paint on lens is anodized, so they would have to disassemble the whole lens to bake on the new paint.

sounds about right. voided warranty, comin' up.

Can I get flames on mine???

Just dab whiteout on it and voila a cheap way to paint them!

Can I get flames on mine???

Just dab whiteout on it and voila a cheap way to paint them!

hahaha! I hear it will even increase the quality of your photos if you get a custom paint job on your lens.

i'm enjoying seeing that you guys joke around in this thread, but this could be viewed as mockery to some people, i'd appresiate you to stay on topic or stay out, no offence to you, no slinging crap, just advice and or knowledge please.

i'm enjoying seeing that you guys joke around in this thread, but this could be viewed as mockery to some people, i'd appresiate you to stay on topic or stay out, no offence to you, no slinging crap, just advice and or knowledge please.

take a pill dude, they are just joking... if they wanted to make fun of you, hey would dog your spelling (appresiate....)

its a public forum... you gotta expect people to make fun... its just the way it is... if you cant take it, I suggest you go to a G rated Love forum where they hug each other and sing kum by ya... now thats mockery...

Anyway...

I had a guy come in the other day to get his photos developed after having shot a car show in Vegas. Some guy there detailed his camera body with painted flames. It was the most beautiful camera I'd ever seen. I have since then had a sort of obsession with getting another camera body so I can have a backup to safely experiment with painting on.

I do remember seeing some bright pink or canary yellow camera on this forum once. Can't for the life of me remember where but it was a custom paint job...

I once looked into a company that cut custom leather to apply on older film bodies. It was available in many colors and prints as well as exotic skins. I thought of covering my F3 with snake skin. That's all, just thought about it. (sorry to hijack, had to get that out) :)

I once looked into a company that cut custom leather to apply on older film bodies. It was available in many colors and prints as well as exotic skins. I thought of covering my F3 with snake skin. That's all, just thought about it. (sorry to hijack, had to get that out) :)

easy one... I use them all the time

www.cameraleather.com

Can you just order a white Nikon lens??? The trouble is going to be far more than its worth

I always love it when the new guys tell me how to behave around here.

It was a joke, dude. You know, intended to make you laugh. I know... bizarre concept.

I swear the full moon must be out. Everyone on TPF is @#$@)(#$ grouchy these past couple days.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back