Getting professional photos with pop-up flash

Last edited by a moderator:
$10 says the snide replies in this thread have guaranteed that the new member and the OP will not be back. Looks like TPF has managed to turn yet another potential member away. Kind of unfortunate, especially when one can literally see, and hear, who the OP was, and what the video was trying to show/accomplish.

to be fair, if she's out making videos like this, then her goal is for views -- $$ -- on YT and not to stay here and learn.

Being a YT hit is what the kids go to school for nowadays.

That being said, suggesting to bounce a flash aint a bad idea, but more could be learned about it and how to execute and not using selfies as examples.

I love how everybody's talking junk and hiding behind there camera lol.... but you know what its all good I haven't even seen all these posts until now. Yes i know that when i made this video isn't wasn't the best quality was just getting used to my new camera and i was so excited to show this tip I didn't re-record i knew people would get the gist. I also know that you do not have to use your hand. this was geared toward beginners(hence why its under the beginners forum) The point of this was, if you had no equipment like your flash died, maybe you didn't have a white card in front of you to get the shot you wanted in due time or etc . Of course a white card is ideal but Im a fan of what works and i thought it was pretty cool you could use something that was attached to your body... and yes it is professional in the sense that you don't have harsh shadows from the pop up flash. It is a shame that i couldn't help some people that already knew everything about photography (whoops) Ive been taking pictures for years still trying to improve there's always so much learn...

$10 says the snide replies in this thread have guaranteed that the new member and the OP will not be back. Looks like TPF has managed to turn yet another potential member away. Kind of unfortunate, especially when one can literally see, and hear, who the OP was, and what the video was trying to show/accomplish.

Maybe this Halloween you all can get together and steal some candy from trick-or-treating kids. Should be great sport!
lol its fine. This my second account on here couldn't remember my other password.

nowadays the term "professional" is as much a marketing word as a skill level.

we can all go out and buy a "professional" whatever (product or service) that costs 1/10th or less the price of a real professional whatever.
I did mention getting professional photos not being a professional photographer which are two different things. There are plenty of successful professional photographers with very mediocre photos but they are just excellent with business.

Most reactions

Back