GH Owl and Shrike

Aloicious

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.photographywild.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So I went on a short ~2 hour shoot yesterday, mainly to scout out some burrowing owl burrows that I can stake out in the future, but also to test a few different AF settings on whatever I could find, but didn't come back with much. these were the only 2 worth processing, and even they leave alot to be desired....oh well...tomorrow is an all day raptor hunt so I'm pretty excited about that.

Mr owl says "mu-ha-ha-ha...NO I will not give you a decent background! mu-ha-ha-ha...and I'll cram myself up in the rafters so you'll have to boost the ISO way high too!....but I will at least acknowledge you and look in your direction unlike my colleagues on the other end of the barn."

GHO_zps7b86312e.jpg

And a shrike out in the rain...was trying 9 point dynamic AF here, I don't really like it, I'm much more of a single point AF kinda guy, it caught the AF more on his back than in the eye.

shrike_zpsdfa21e78.jpg

on the plus side, I found 2 inhabited burrowing owl burrows that are in PRIME locations to get some great shots. Tomorrow should be much better. looking forward to some hawks, falcons, eagles, and possibly more owls...

Love the Owl's eyes. I generally use single point lately myself. I have my multi group set to 21 at the moment, and have tried 9 extensively.. The Shrike looks Great IMHO, nice composition and fantastic BG..

Most reactions

New Topics

Back