Votes: 4 26.7%

• Total voters

hobbes28

Incredible
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.fatephoto.com
Do any of you believe in ghosts? There was a show called ghost hunters on the sci fi channel that may have uncovered a few sightings that make you think about things a little more. Chase and I were discussing this one tonight and I thought I would get some opinions from some of you all on what you think. Here's what they have to say:

TAPS Website said:
We went all the way to Good old Philly, PA to visit Eastern State Penitentiary. The place left an impression on us all. We did capture something odd on video. It is a figure of some sort coming toward the camera and then leaving quickly back down the hallway.

We want you to check it out yourself.

Here are some things to consider when watching this. While it does look like someone in a cape, the figure moves with great speed and does not turn to go back down the hallway, also it doesn't bob up and down & it would have to be about 4 feet tall. If someone was messing with us they would have had to have hidden in there all day, and known where all the cameras were and know when to stop right outside of the field of vision of the DVR camera. Everyone who was there that night was out eating dinner together when this footage was captured.

We can't say 100% what it is. But we had other experiences to support this as potential evidence. So, we present it here for you to examine and you can come to your own conclusions. We are on the fence, what about you?

The file is rather large, but it shows three different versions of the clip during the clean up process.

They tried to reproduce what you see in the video and couldn't even come close to it looking the same.

WARNING!! This video is real and if you are easily scared, you shouldn't click this link!

Large file - not for dial up

You can see more of this stuff on the TAPS website.

I've seen this before, but a much smaller version.

Looking at this bigger version i honestly think that its just the way the dust is blowing towards the lens in a strange formation. Still wouldnt like to spend the night in that place tho.

There was a programme of british television a few months ago where a couple of people stayed in Alcatraz (sp) looking for ghosts, they done a load of sound recordings and when they reduced the white noise and played them back later you could clearly hear voices threatening to kill the presenters and stuff :pale:

spooky, dont know how much of this is set up to boost the shows ratings or something

i would welcome a chance to sleep there....where do i sign up? i love this stuff! do i believe it? not unless i witness it firsthand.

anything is possible...

i can honestly say ive been in the presence of spirits, and it was scary

MDowdey said:
anything is possible...

i can honestly say ive been in the presence of spirits, and it was scary

alcohol maybe! :greenpbl:

JohnMF said:
I've seen this before, but a much smaller version.

Looking at this bigger version i honestly think that its just the way the dust is blowing towards the lens in a strange formation. Still wouldnt like to spend the night in that place tho.

There was a programme of british television a few months ago where a couple of people stayed in Alcatraz (sp) looking for ghosts, they done a load of sound recordings and when they reduced the white noise and played them back later you could clearly hear voices threatening to kill the presenters and stuff :pale:

spooky, dont know how much of this is set up to boost the shows ratings or something

It's called EVP recordings. Here is a link:

http://www.aaevp.com/

The movie 'White Noise' was about that. Interesting...

I think it may be someone...I would just say someone walking to the camera, then running away? perhaps cause they shouldnt be there? perhaps they stole something..
Thing that worries me is he/she doesnt obviously turn round, they are just suddenly facing the other way..

A screenie from that lightend up in photoshop may yeild some good results...

If you look at the dress/gown hanging up you'll see that when the "ghost" retreats the garment is disturbed by moving air probably caused by a physical object displacing the air around it! Since ghosts aren't supposed to have any physical matter I really doubt it is a ghost! Maybe something on a trollry or suspended from the ceiling and a partial reflection off a piece of glass so that in reality the event happened behind the camera and all we are seing is a faint reflection!

Not that I don't beleive in ghost mind! I swear the workshop I spent my apprenticeship in was haunted by the boss' former partner! It happened so often it became more annoying than scary. we'd catch something at the other end of the workshop in the periphary of an eye but when you tried to focus on it or turn to see it was gone! I spent 2 or 3 minutes one evening keeping it/him in the corner of my eye trying to make out exactly what it was I could see!

Ghosts are not at all what people think.
Personally I don't believe in them - even though I have actually seen one. I think I understand what was going on...

It does look like some dude running around with a sheet but i remember seeing this episode of GH and it kind of disturbed me. I remember the guys discovering it on the video while screening the footage and they almost crapped in thier pants. If it was a set up then I truly believe it wasn't done by them. It was at an old army prison or hospital or something like that so it could have been one of the army guys playing a trick but to watch it move, it's pretty un-naturally fast. They even went on to try to dupicate the footage and were not successful. Still freaky to see again.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back