Girl at the spa

MohaimenK

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here's a little story behind the shot. Was simply at the beach, wife went into the spa. One of the girls that work there was putting on a make up, which would have been a really good shot had I taken that pic, but saw her looking at me through mirror. Then she turned around and smiled so since I'm waiting in the sitting area, I just asked her "would you like to get your photo taken?" She said "yes! of course! How do you want me to stand?" I am still learning how to do portrait shots so now I'm confused. :x So I'm struggling to take my camera out and trying to set the camera and trying to figure out what to say. Finally I said, "just give me a smile" Took couple shots.

Here's one of the pic. Let me know how I did for my first time (taking picture of someone other than my wife) How did the eyes come out?

Last edited:
You are one creepy dude LOL JK. The background is too busy. Need shallower DOF.

Yeah, I thought of that while I was PPing it. What would be an easy way to blur background if I don't have enough space to move back and zoom in on the subject? Or is there a way to photoshop it? Here's the other shot.

Last edited:
use your f/1.8 LOL. You could blur out the back with photoshop but you have to select around her. Not sure if it is worth the effort.

magnatic laso works really well, if I had to I could. And yeah, next time I shall use the 1.8 DOH! I'm an idiot for not thinking it. But man, I am just too excited about the new lens and yesterday was the first day to really test it so I wasn't even thinking about the other ones in my bad :lol:

Those eyes look really unnatural IMO

That ain't no girl...that's wooooman!

her eyes and teeth are way to white... *WAY* to bright. did you do this in PP?? o_O
Also her eyes.. ( like another person stated) look unnatural. And her smile looks fake.

however the picture on *your* end.. looks pretty good.. maybe a more shallow DOF like suggested above as well.

She has a strange complexion/everything. Cool eyes though. I love seeing Middle Eastern people with yellow eyes, it looks great.

the eyes are a bit fake looking. too white but overall, she made the pic because she is kind of sexy

brighten the eyes a little more- reminds me of Big Trouble In Little China.

p!nK

I'd be interested in seeing the original. I think her teeth and eyes are too white. It makes her look slightly goulish.

yeah I think the eyes and teeth were a little too bright, I'll fix that, but her teeth really was bright, I think she's got it whitened or is just naturally white, I've never seen anyone w/ that bright white teeth before LOL

PerfectlyFlawed, yes I did PP it w/ photoshop too, had to brighten it, and adjust some stuff. Like I always say, shoot RAW you always have lots to adjust. I will later post the pic of the original as well. I'm waay to tired now, need some sleep! :lol:

Most reactions

Back