Girlfriend shoot

Auspiciousnight

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Fun Stuff. Its been a long time since I have broken out the camera. Shot with Nikon D5000 10mm Lens at 6.3

Bambi5.jpg

Spot coloring, vignette, high contrast and all around post editing are killing these images unfortunately.. Why are her eyes closed in both?

Spot coloring, vignette, high contrast and all around post editing are killing these images unfortunately.. Why are her eyes closed in both?

I love some extreme post processing, but at the same time I'm selective with it. I would have kept them as they came from the Camera with maybe so minor adjustments but no more.

I can appreciate the artistic approach but I think they were a little overdone for my tastes but that's just my opinion. A lower angle on the 2nd shot would have been nice. Keep shooting!

Well, aside from the overdone post processing, you're also shooting these at a VERY wide angle. 10mm for portraiture is generally a no-no. And you can see in images 2 & 4 that her features are severely distorted (specifically her head) which gives the photos kind of a "fun house effect" that is not flattering to the subject in the least.

If you're going to shoot portraits use AT LEAST a 50mm focal length. Even a 35mm FL would have been better IMO.

Your girlfriend's face has been stretched to buggery in that last one. Sort the lens distortion out!

your gf looks gorgeous but your pictures, lens choice and post processing doesnt make her justice at all.

Could you post the SOOC images? The over processing on this is highly distracting (as is the super wide lens, but that would more than likely require a reshoot). You'll get better advice.

Most reactions

Back