Give Me Your Hand Mommy

Don Schaeffer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
handmommyclrSM.jpg

I can only think that this snapshot contains something special to you...
Like - is the little girl (in pink) your daughter..?
You are certainly telling a story (without the caption, we wouldn't know what the story is/was) - but your snapshot is unfortunately breaking just about every "rule" of photography... motion blur/misfocused/underexposed cluttered image...
Motion blur - so I surmise you were walking behind this group and snapped the little kid 'Give me your hand Mommy...' - without paying attention to your shutter speed and focus point...
You don't state what camera/settings you were using - but you might have got a more usuable 'snap' with a higher shutter speed, freezing the motion... AND, focusing on the 'pink kid'... Perhaps THOSE are the most singular features that could have made this image usable... Just about everything else could be ?rectified in PP...
Aside - Just wondering - why did you post this????
Jedo

It's shot from a bus window. I keep the camera in aperature priority mode. Iyt is a gathering of women and children leaving the bus. I likes the way the little girl was reaching back for the person I presume to be hermother. I though the blur suggested motion and was ok. Oh well. Next time I'll remember toput more detail in my descriptions. Ya win some ya lose some.

Great shot Don. Fortunately, the photo breaks just about all the rules. That is how you learn and grow as a photographer. It is also how you will learn to think outside of the rules. Nothing wrong with that.

I think I would lose the title and just let the shot stand by itself.

I like the motion and the blur.

I can see what you are trying to accomplish. Keep trying, you are very close to what you are seeing in your mind.

Good stuff.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back