squirrels

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm moving at about this speed today.

Too much?

Too little?

Works? Doesn't? Why am I playing with these edits instead of cooking dinner?:confused:

It's an interesting effect, I prefer the second? What exactly am I looking at, and why is the effect important?

NIce.. I like #1! The stronger contrast makes it sing!

unpopular, you are looking at my attempt to create a glacier feeling on a macro scale (with a er um, chipped bowl) . Possibly escapism from a world where small fry refuses to nap? The dreamy/nightmarey effect is something I've been working on a lot lately.

Thanks charlie!

Last edited:
I like this one both ways, love the colour and depth you caught I think they are both really really close to way cool :)
My one complaint would be the orange bottom right, it really draws the eye but doesn't have the "body" the rest of it has, perhaps desaturating it would help?

I like this one both ways, love the colour and depth you caught I think they are both really really close to way cool :)
My one complaint would be the orange bottom right, it really draws the eye but doesn't have the "body" the rest of it has, perhaps desaturating it would help?

Good point PR, that orange blob isn't doing itself any favors.

I gave it a rough hit and it is a definite improvement. I'll stew on it tonight and decide whether a reshoot is in order or if I want to spend more quality time fighting GIMP. I'm also not as happy with the light in the background sky as I could be. I totally thought of your nightmares in a piece of glass pics while I was shooting.

The first one is more chaotic and stronger--very stormy-like, and it's my favorite. The orange at the bottom right can be worked on, too, but it's a needed counter weight to the photograph.

Love it. I prefer #1. I get a different sense though. I feel like I am in rough seas in a storm. The orange in the atmosphere and that "reflected off the crest of the waves" is great. I agree with PixelRabbit about orange in bottom right.

You know I simply love your new genre (you do know that, right???) and the work you've been doing in it, but these two are not really conveying the 'glacier vibe' to me in any way.

Love it. I prefer #1. I get a different sense though. I feel like I am in rough seas in a storm. The orange in the atmosphere and that "reflected off the crest of the waves" is great. I agree with PixelRabbit about orange in bottom right.

You know I simply love your new genre (you do know that, right???) and the work you've been doing in it, but these two are not really conveying the 'glacier vibe' to me in any way.

:study:performs google image search for "glacial" and "glaciers." :shock:...:neutral:...:oops: That's not how they were looking in my imagination. Sadly, it isn't like I've never seen photos or video of glaciers before.

On the other hand, my day really was passing with glacial slowness thanks to small angry fry, so I got that part right.

Hmm, should I call a reshoot "Angry Seas" or just throw the stupid chipped bowl away :p

Most reactions

New Topics

Back