Glass lighting: Coca Cola

I'm trying it. I'm not good at it, but I'm trying. It would look better without it, I agree, and the CPL doesn't seem to take it away.

That they are. I know how to do quite a bit, but dodging and burning I still SUCK at.

That's my problem. I always think "Ok I can do this in one or two passes" and crank it to 100%, then wonder why it's splotchy and terrible.

Are you using a diffuser over the lamps?

I don't have a snoot/grid/barndoors yet. But I can cover that part of the table with a black piece of foamcore.

Here's my attempt at burning. I don't like doing it. It seems to eliminate colors too.

Leaf_000589-2_zpsti40qoof.jpg

This may be a case of just not having the right gear.

Find the YouTube video of lighting a bourbon bottle and glass.

using tapatalk.

Edit: found it.

I immediately liked the green-tone feeling of this...I remember as a kid, how the old, old Coke bottles found around my grandfather's old barns and outbuildings had a greenish hue to them.

The glass does actually have that tone to it. I think my lights just blow that away, and this returns that look a bit. Also adds some detail where it was lost.

The white reflection on the bottle is from the strobes pointing down and bouncing off the white table. I would move the strobe so they are almost perpendicular to the bottle and add some diffusion paper/shower curtain/parchment paper/frosted plexiglass.... If your light stands are to high a. move your table up or get some Super Clamps or boom are with grip head.

Most reactions

Back