Glass Photography Practice... It's Difficult!

D-B-J

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Practicing my still life/glass lighting, and this is what I came up with. Not perfect, but in a small dorm room and lacking proper strip lights, I can't complain. Thoughts? Comments?

Sweet Surrender by f_one_eight, on Flickr

Best,
Jake

Good start. The problem is only beer bottles light properly in dorm rooms.

I like how you lit it. Adds shape to the bottle.

Looks perfectly good to me. Now all you need are magical droplets of condensation that somehow don't make the paper soggy and look perfect and delicious, and little chips of ice that cling to the side similarly magically.

I wouldn't complain either, I never seen a Sunkist look so good.

Thanks for all the kind words! I read an article in pop-photo about a light-box table, and decided with the crappy weather I oughta give it a shot.

Best,
Jake

Like 95% of the photos of glass bottles on google are white backgrounds, that's weird. I think your black looks fine. Wonder what's up with that.

Thanks for all the kind words! I read an article in pop-photo about a light-box table, and decided with the crappy weather I oughta give it a shot.

Best,
Jake

I think I read that same article. The photo turned out great and like some have mentioned - I like the black as well.

Like 95% of the photos of glass bottles on google are white backgrounds, that's weird. I think your black looks fine. Wonder what's up with that.

It's sooo much harder to try and get a proper white background. That's why I went with black.

Best,
Jake

Well no I don't wonder about why you chose black. More so I wonder why everybody else uses white. Even if they have the means, why is white even more desirable?

Well no I don't wonder about why you chose black. More so I wonder why everybody else uses white. Even if they have the means, why is white even more desirable?

Couldn't tell ya

I guess you get no shadow, that is maybe a reason for black in background.

Anyway, I like the reflection underneath.

Thanks!

Looks perfectly good to me. Now all you need are magical droplets of condensation that somehow don't make the paper soggy and look perfect and delicious, and little chips of ice that cling to the side similarly magically.

Prepare a mixture of glycerine (from a pharmacy) and water, and spray the bottle with the mix using an atomizer of high-quality squirt bottle...that's an easy way to make perfect "condensation" that sticks to glassware.

Prepare a mixture of glycerine (from a pharmacy) and water, and spray the bottle with the mix using an atomizer of high-quality squirt bottle...that's an easy way to make perfect "condensation" that sticks to glassware.

Seems legit. I'll have to try that next time.

Best,
Jake

Most reactions

Back