Golf GTI shoot - C&C please

Bluepoole

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So one of my buddies and I decided to take a couple of photos of his Golf GTI, please provide some C&C!

pf_02.jpg

pf_01.jpg

pf_03.jpg

i think you're on to something with the second one.
i would have liked to see it shot from the same angle except lower.
and with the front wheels turned to the left.

the other two are cropped too tight.

and i would have turned the front wheels the other way in the last one.

With car photography, dont be afraid to get on the ground

#1 I feel the tires being so black distract from what may have been an otherwise nice photo considering the nice back-lighting.

#2 I'm a sucker for angles. I wish there were shallower DOF.

#3 There's brick towering out of the front of the car.

Cars are designed for forward and backwards locomotion. Use your Golf for that purpose. Get some one to drive fast down an interesting and intriguing road or other setting. Then shoot away. It would be much more interesting then your vehicle sitting in a parking lot.

(imho)

Get lowwwww!!!! Gotta get some low angle shots for cars. Me personally I hate angle pictures where I have to turn my head..but thats just my own opinion. I really like #1 myself. I think the colors are great.

Try out some rolling shots next time.

#3 sky is way blown out...

and in #1 you can see the reflection of you and whoever is standing next to you.

So one of my buddies and I decided to take a couple of photos of his Golf GTI, please provide some C&C!

The first one is in a bad location. It looks like there's a light behind the car which is killing the wall by over exposing it. The car itself is underexposed making it more gray than it's original white color.

The second one is better. The ceiling is causing criss cross reflections all across the car, but atleast it's exposed properly. It could do without the tilt. A Cpol to help with the reflections and no tilt would have helped this one out.

The third one looks like you're shooting into the sun. The sky is blown and the very back of the car is exposed properly with the front side facing the camera being underexposed. It's tilted wierd too.

Tilt can be used effectively, but it's best not to do it in 2/3 of your shots. It's really a sign of an amatuer photographer when you look at automotive shots. Also, location and time of day are extremely important when shooting natural light automotive photography. In essence, you're not photographing the car, you're photographing the car's surroundings since the surface of the car is essentially a large painted mirror. This is really important if you start to study how light affects the car.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back