weepete

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.petecrawford.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
You got me jealous mate. I need to get of me fat butt and get some beach/rock fishin' done.

Where were these taken and what did you catch, I'd assume dabs and flounders, maybe the odd whiting with a chance of bass by the looks of the ground there?

all day into the evening... so nice ... great photos

The first two are particularly nice. Even though I don't care for fishing (my experience having been with kids which was mostly untangling and unhooking lines! lol). Beautiful.

Good set but number one for me................

Thanks Jeff, that one seems to be proving popular!

Nice set. Any luck .. any big ones?

Thanks mate, not much for myself, just a small flounder. The two other guys I was fishing with had 10+ each, not sure what I was doing wrong but I think my rods were a bit too stiff and the waves were pulling the bait out of the gulley holding the fish.

You got me jealous mate. I need to get of me fat butt and get some beach/rock fishin' done.

Where were these taken and what did you catch, I'd assume dabs and flounders, maybe the odd whiting with a chance of bass by the looks of the ground there?

Thanks mate, this was Lunan beach. Mainly flounder with the odd turbot later in the year and a chance of the odd bass from what I've been told. First time fishing it for me and though I had a big bait out none of the bass were showing. Must have been a 2-3m swell and the water was very coloured, there's a big sandbank that runs down the beach and breaks the bigger waves making it fishable but it was a bit too rough to be ideal. Going back again later in the month for a club trip (hopefully).

Cool set gota like the rainbow

Thanks edsland, took me a few moments to see it but it was a cracking double rainbow that was fleeting, unfortunatley too big to capture in one shot from where I was

all day into the evening... so nice ... great photos
Pretty much, nights are still short here but we fished 11am to 6:30pm just as the sun was setting. I can spend a lot of time on beaches like this! It was nice to get some shots throughout the day though.

The first two are particularly nice. Even though I don't care for fishing (my experience having been with kids which was mostly untangling and unhooking lines! lol). Beautiful.

Thanks vintagesnaps, they are my favorites from the set I think. Yeah, fishing can be like that a little at times but at it's easyer when you know what you're doing but it's a weird hobby (at least when you take it to the extents I do!), kinda something you get or don't.

[/QUOTE]
Thanks mate, this was Lunan beach. Mainly flounder with the odd turbot later in the year and a chance of the odd bass from what I've been told. First time fishing it for me and though I had a big bait out none of the bass were showing. Must have been a 2-3m swell and the water was very coloured, there's a big sandbank that runs down the beach and breaks the bigger waves making it fishable but it was a bit too rough to be ideal. Going back again later in the month for a club trip (hopefully).[/QUOTE]

I thought it was somewhere east coast due to the supply boats in the water.

Lunan huh? That's not too far from me and I've never thought of trying it. You just at the car park and through the dunes there? If so, it's a fairly easy access.

I've fished St Cyrus and Inverbervie a few times and many marks north of there so I might just take a drive down to Lunan sometime soon.

Cheers:icon_thumleft:

Great shots! #2 especially.

Thanks, I think that may be my favorite of the set. the reflection of the sky in the sand was awesome.

How far can you cast?

With 6oz and 15lb line 146 yards is my best so far on the field. Nothing to really shout about as "good" casters can hit 200 yards with relative ease. Last year I was kicking about a bit with the lads from the Scottish Surfcasting Accociation and some of their guys doing 260-280 yards

How far can you cast?

With 6oz and 15lb line 146 yards is my best so far on the field. Nothing to really shout about as "good" casters can hit 200 yards with relative ease. Last year I was kicking about a bit with the lads from the Scottish Surfcasting Accociation and some of their guys doing 260-280 yards[/QUOTE]

Is that spinning or baitcasting equipment?

Is that spinning or baitcasting equipment?

I'd call it beachcasting mate, but surfcasting is I think used in most of the rest of the world. I suppose you could call it baitcasting but to me a baitcasting multiplier reel is smaller than the ones we use. It's definatley not spinning!

My two rods in the pics are a Zziplex M4 Evo (14ft) and a Century Tip Tornado Low Diameter (13ft) Both custom built with Pac Bay Minima guides. Reels are Penn 525mkii on the M4 Evo and a Penn 515mkiii on the TTLD. I'm more set up for rough ground fishing than clean beaches but I'll take a carp rod next time!

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back