Gone Fishin' 6, 7, 8, 9

Is that spinning or baitcasting equipment?

I'd call it beachcasting mate, but surfcasting is I think used in most of the rest of the world. I suppose you could call it baitcasting but to me a baitcasting multiplier reel is smaller than the ones we use. It's definatley not spinning!

My two rods in the pics are a Zziplex M4 Evo (14ft) and a Century Tip Tornado Low Diameter (13ft) Both custom built with Pac Bay Minima guides. Reels are Penn 525mkii on the M4 Evo and a Penn 515mkiii on the TTLD. I'm more set up for rough ground fishing than clean beaches but I'll take a carp rod next time!

Nice gear.

I have a Century Kompressor but have recently re-eyed on old Conoflex Cod 6 from the 80's. My favourite rod ever. It's a beast.

Do you custom build your own?

Nice gear.

I have a Century Kompressor but have recently re-eyed on old Conoflex Cod 6 from the 80's. My favourite rod ever. It's a beast.

Do you custom build your own?

Thanks mate, I'm pretty happy with both rods.

The Kompressors are really nice rods, a few of the guys I fish with have pairs and I've had a wee shot of the SS which felt like a fanstastic rod. The Cod 6s have a great rep as cracking fishing rods too. It's a real shame Conoflex went under.

I haven't built these ones, the TTLD is an Alba Rods (built by the legendery Stan Massey). The M4 was built by a mate (Rossco McKay who builds a lot for Keens).

I've got an old Grey's Appollo in the house that needs a re-build and I'll just do that one myself but for newer, better rods I prefer to have them done by someone who's a bit more practised at it.

Most reactions

Back