Gone Fishin'

A bit choppy waters,nice image.

Thanks mate, yeah it was high tide and a little chop on the water (can tell as it's so near to the grass) but only a 7.2m tide today so not a big one for there. It got a bit blustery and dreech as the tide went out, with white horses showing and wave height increased to about 15ft. Unfortunatley meant we had to call it a day early as my friends fishing other marks were starting to get in danger of getting washed off the rocks.

Last edited:
Camera`s in mobile phone now are getting better and better for IQ, you did a very good job catching how the wave came up.

Camera`s in mobile phone now are getting better and better for IQ, you did a very good job catching how the wave came up.

Thanks mate, yeah, I was waiting for it but didn't know I'd get a circle! Cameras in mobile phones have really come on. A frend of mine showed me his Huwei P20 recently which has fantastic DR and though a smite heavy NR excellent low light performance. While my S8 is good, the P20 is groundbreaking IMO in quality.

You caught a nice photo... real question, any fish? :D

Thanks mate. For me no, it was a blank. 6 of us fished, 3 of whom had fish but only 3 strap conger and 1 small smoothound caught. I know there has been 20lb tope caught near where I was but despite my efforts I didn't even get a bite. My mate fishing next to me dropped a good fish as his braid snapped on the rocks while playing it. Still, first time I'd fished that mark and there was quite a bit of seaweed thrown up by the conditions. Rocks were very slippy too, even with studs in my boots. I had thought we've had a few bass today but sadly they didn't show. Only my third blank this year but I really don't like it when I don't catch.

Most reactions

Back