Good deal? photoshop cs3

If that's a genuine offer from a reputable company, it looks good value to me, CS3 is extremely capable.

If you have never used Photoshop before, CS3 might seem to most like a waste of money. Reason being because you will probably never get value for money with how extensive the program is. I say, if you can afford it, get it. If you are a "baby steps" kind of person, Photoshop Elements might be a better start. CS3 will be information overload.

Secondly, don't buy from that place, it's not a genuine Adobe seller, there will be no tech support if you require it and the activation code will be some b/s via a random number generator. It is actually illeagal to own something like this and last I heard it was about 18-25 years prison with 2000 lashings.

If you have never used Photoshop before, CS3 might seem to most like a waste of money. Reason being because you will probably never get value for money with how extensive the program is. I say, if you can afford it, get it. If you are a "baby steps" kind of person, Photoshop Elements might be a better start. CS3 will be information overload.

Secondly, don't buy from that place, it's not a genuine Adobe seller, there will be no tech support if you require it and the activation code will be some b/s via a random number generator. It is actually illeagal to own something like this and last I heard it was about 18-25 years prison with 2000 lashings.

Ok so I dont understand what do you mean it is ilegal to own something like this and what is the activation for?

It's pirated! (like some person(s) with an original and producing multiple copies to sell to unsuspecting Public Joe). CS3 is retailing for $500.00+ from an authorized seller.

The short of "activation" is; each produced copy has a serial number. When you buy genuine Adobe, apart from making Mr. Adobe tick over another sale, the activation of your particular purchase entitles you to tech support, product help, etc, etc.

Software elites on this forum could enhance on this subject. The choice is yours!

I would just say torrent CS4 for free. Adobe definitely over charges for this product.

you definitely do not want to go down the torrent road... especially not on this forum where many people are using fully licensed and payed for products. Any further talk of that nature and the thread will be locked.

I would just say torrent CS4 for free. Adobe definitely over charges for this product.

Holy crap! No. I would not suggest that and I am surprised that anyone would even have the guts (and perhaps lack of forthought) to publically say this. Alex, you should be ashamed to promote piracy in such a manner.

My version of CS3 came to $199US, which is the upgrade and 40 bucks more than the OP's "fake" version. My original CS2 CD was picked up in a garage sale all scratched up and near unusable for $5. That is a small price to pay for a legit serial number.

Software, like the rest of your camera equipment, should be budgeted for, and yes, should be researched. Granted CS3 or CS4 is the most complex photo editing software out there, but for 80% of the people I would suggest that they look into LightRoom. If it can do 75% of the work for professionals, it likely exceeds the needs of all beginners and saves them a LOT of money.

As for people that pirate... :thumbdown: Sorry guys, no love there. :)

OK, I have to admit, it took me 5 seconds before I cracked up out loud... LOL!

HAHAHAH NICE!

The cheapest way to get photoshop is to buy an older copy of ebay second hand, and then pay for an upgrade to CS3 or CS4. At least it was a few years ago, is that still the case?

Adobe definitely over charges for this product.
You are talking about a professional piece of software used in industry to make an absolute fortune for graphic art companies and photographers. Photoshop CS4 is the Canon 1DsMkII in the camera world, the SAP in accounting, or Windows 2003 R2 Advanced Server in IT.

You should be so lucky to see it for $500US. Take electrical engineering. Altium Designer is a tool for designing PCBs, and not a very good one. $12000 per licence. The cream of the crop is MentorGraphics which is easily 4x the Alitum Designer licence.

If you want to be the amateur photographer then use something designed for you. Like Photoshop Elements, Lightroom, Paint Shop Pro, and to a lesser extent GIMP, etc. and you may not pay through the nose for 90% of features you won't use.

Last edited:
If you are a student you can get it for a LOT less than full price. As a college student I saved $1000 off CS4 Extended and Lightroom. And I'm not even going to school for anything photography or computer related. K-12 qualifies as well.

Academic Superstore

so thats how you can afford to pay for the D700...you dont pay for software?

Lets put this into perspective shall we?

So Alex, you take a photo, and then I steal it from you and then I proceed to make money off of it.
Please explain to me how that is any different than someone stealing software off the internet, and using it to run their business and make money.

so thats how you can afford to pay for the D700...you dont pay for software?

Lets put this into perspective shall we?

So Alex, you take a photo, and then I steal it from you and then I proceed to make money off of it.
Please explain to me how that is any different than someone stealing software off the internet, and using it to run their business and make money.
The difference is, no one suggested that they steal the software and use it to make money. It was only a suggestion that the software be stolen. Nothing about making money with the stolen software.

So, to put it into perspective, it would be more like someone saving your photo from the net and using it as a desktop wallpaper on their computer. Or even more in perspective, using it as an avatar in a photography forum such as this. I've seen plenty of avatars through the past year and a half here that clearly is not the work of the person using said avatar.

Most reactions

Back